E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New E60 in the driveway

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I finally got my car and of course there are some things different than some peoples.
I have to say, if you got SMG, you made the right choice.
If you like the HUD, you made the right choice.
I told the car to take me from work home and it was accurate to the dot!!
It came with Bluetooth as US Spec. got my key and everything.

DD, not sure if you checked but I do have a power outlet in my center console. It was hard to see at first but it was there.
Will post pics but there were things wrong when I picked it up. Didn't have the red reflectors, it was badged, and the spoiler wasn't on yet. It takes 24 hours for the glue to dry. Already set an apointment to get it resolved.
Already had the Hood not closed warning come on. I will check on Software version but not sure yet.

Thanks to all of you guys here I new a little more than they did. It was hard not to laugh sometimes.
Thanks again to alll of you for all the valuable information from all over. It helped when talking to the technicians.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Contributors

I must say also that it is wierd when you switch to km because my commands are in Miles but changes to km for NAV.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Icy
Members

All right, kigerka!

How on earth did you bluetooth installed? Was this "as-built" from the factory or did you have the dealer install after delivery? Remembering your earlier posts, you still have to solve the NA TCU issue, right?

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

And congratulations!
Old 06-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Bluetooth came straight from the factory. I was amazed as well but in the owners booklet the dealer showed me the bluetooth card and said my pin code or somthing to that effect was with it. I will look more later to see just what it is. I am waiting for the sun to set some more to get some good evening pics but you know how Germany is in the Summer.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jun 14 2004, 12:02 PM
Bluetooth came straight from the factory. I was amazed as well but in the owners booklet the dealer showed me the bluetooth card and said my pin code or somthing to that effect was with it. I will look more later to see just what it is. I am waiting for the sun to set some more to get some good evening pics but you know how Germany is in the Summer.
You may be disappointed w.r.t. Bluetooth actually working in a US spec vehicle. Lot's of people here in the states have those BT passkey cards, but the Bluetooth doesn't actually work because the software or some hardware piece isn't installed and won't be available until September at the earliest.

If yours works and is verifiable with a Bluetooth phone that supports the Hands-free profile, then BMW got their act together and are implementing their Bluetooth + Assist fix that they promised early this spring

-MrB
Old 06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Hey Kigerca: Wow, congratulations!!!! Time to change your sig! This sig change is now a real right-of-passage for us. It's a great feeling when you do it. By the way, I can not get over how captivatingly gorgeous Orient Blue is on our baby.

Well done,

Sam
Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Contributors

You are right! How sweet it is to change the signiture. I will post pics tommorrow. I tried a DVD and it didn't work like everybody else but I figured I would give it a try.
Yes, Orient Blue is a very beautiful color.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Members

Kigerka
Did you get a chance to check out your car yet to see if the salesman was correct in telling you that your car built to US specs really is Bluetooth enabled?
I hope he was correct, being that I am getting a June 11 build.
Please keep us advised. BMW tells me no bulletins have been issued advising them of any change in status of Bluetooth in the USA with or without navigation as of June 18th.
Please let us know the latest.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Does your car still have US Assist (even though it's not useable in Germany)
Old 06-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Contributors

I recieved a Bluetooth passkey and was told that bluetooth was in the car. However, I have noticed that everything in it except for the emergancy kit is all US. Even the phone and I think assist. I am taking the car in on July 4th weekend to finish the spoiler job and see about swapping out the TCU so I can use my handy over here, so I will ask about the USA assist.

Quick Reply: New E60 in the driveway