E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New to E60

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I recently became the owner of a 2007 525i SE - pre LCI model.

The car has had a Kenwood DNX700 double din fitted in place of the single CD slot and controls - very nicely done. I have the bluetooth module and the Ipod lead insitu and that at all works very well. My entertainment section on the Idrive is disabled as are my steering controls - I may fit the lead and gubbins to make them work at some point but not a priority.

My standard speaker set up includes two sets of tweeters front and back. Lacking any real base - no surprise of course and from searches the speakers are all 4 inch so dealing only with mid range?

I have located the grilles for the under seat subs and will check to see if they are actually in there tomorrow. I have picked up on here that access can be greatly improved by undoing the seat bolts and tilting i.e. not wholesale removal and disconnection of electrics etc.

So my question is... is there any reason why they are not wired up to my Kenwood unit and can they be? I will of course check the settings on the Kenwood unit but am pretty sure that there is a lack of base i.e. nothing wired up and not a setting issue.

I have of course also come across the world of standalone under seat sub units as an option should mine be awol.

Great site and picked up some great info so far so if any one has anything to offer it would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ivorycalthorpe
Hello

I recently became the owner of a 2007 525i SE - pre LCI model.

The car has had a Kenwood DNX700 double din fitted in place of the single CD slot and controls - very nicely done. I have the bluetooth module and the Ipod lead insitu and that at all works very well. My entertainment section on the Idrive is disabled as are my steering controls - I may fit the lead and gubbins to make them work at some point but not a priority.

My standard speaker set up includes two sets of tweeters front and back. Lacking any real base - no surprise of course and from searches the speakers are all 4 inch so dealing only with mid range?

I have located the grilles for the under seat subs and will check to see if they are actually in there tomorrow. I have picked up on here that access can be greatly improved by undoing the seat bolts and tilting i.e. not wholesale removal and disconnection of electrics etc.

So my question is... is there any reason why they are not wired up to my Kenwood unit and can they be? I will of course check the settings on the Kenwood unit but am pretty sure that there is a lack of base i.e. nothing wired up and not a setting issue.

I have of course also come across the world of standalone under seat sub units as an option should mine be awol.

Great site and picked up some great info so far so if any one has anything to offer it would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Ok update my subs are in there under the seats. Next question is to see if they are wired up and working via settings on Kenwood unit.