E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Door Seals

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005 | 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Someone mentioned that BMW was tired of wasting money on CarboFlo and that new seals were now available which should stop the creaks and rattles.

Part number anyone? Or just confirmation that this is infact true.
Old 03-29-2005 | 11:16 AM
Members

Brought my car in for this problem last week and they used carboFlo..
Old 03-29-2005 | 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

My dealer says the only ones that have changed are the inner front door seals, they changed part numbers in march 2004.

My car has never made a noise, and my dealer says they have not had any complaints they have in fact neer even ordered and carboflow before (I ordered some, and the computer shows its their forst ever order of it ), i wonder if it has to do with the cold winters you all have up north ?
Old 03-29-2005 | 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

That was me. I did not get a part number but when I tried on Saturday to book an appointment for the carboflo treatment for my creaking doors, the service advisor said they were not doing it anymore. To paraphrase, he said BMW realized it was waisting a lot of money on having to do the temporary carboflo fix over and over so they were coming out with new seals to fix the problem. He said call him back in a month and he should have them in. I'll call him back tomorrow and see if he knows a part number. I seem to recall another poster saying he had gotten new seals (in Europe I believe) and that the part number was the same but the new seals had yellow dots on it, or something like that.

I'll let everyone know what he says about a part number tomorrow...

Ken
Old 03-29-2005 | 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Mar 29 2005, 05:55 PM
That was me.? I did not get a part number but when I tried on Saturday to book an appointment for the carboflo treatment for my creaking doors, the service advisor said they were not doing it anymore.? To paraphrase, he said BMW realized it was waisting a lot of money on having to do the temporary carboflo fix over and over so they were coming out with new seals to fix the problem.? He said call him back in a month and he should have them in.? I'll call him back tomorrow and see if he knows a part number.? I seem to recall another poster saying he had gotten new seals (in Europe I believe) and that the part number was the same but the new seals had yellow dots on it, or something like that.?

I'll let everyone know what he says about a part number tomorrow...

Ken
[snapback]108415[/snapback]
My car is going in tomorrow for the "Carboflo" treatment....yet again....I'll let you all know what happens. When I was there last week, and mentioned new seals coming out, the service advisor looked at me like I was from Mars........How can I possibly know more than the Dealer's Service Department?? Especially given my mechanically challenged status, lol!!
Old 03-30-2005 | 12:30 PM
Guest_kscarrol_*

Sorry for the delay, having major network issues here at the office. Spoke to the SA, no part number yet. The story is that BMW sends out a video/DVD each month to all the dealers, where engineers etc discuss reported problems with various models. It is called the "Round Table". He said if your dealer has not heard of the new seals tell them to watch the March Round Table video and they will hear BMW tell dealers to stop fixing the creaking doors and that the new seals should be available in a month or so. He just got the video last Friday so some dealers may not have received the video yet. He said that a Technical Service Bulletin will then follow the video listing procedures, part numbers and estimated costs. My dealer has not received the TSB yet, so no part number. Sorry to be so long winded, but that is the story. Any service dept who has not heard of the seal replacment, tell them to watch the March Round Table from BMW to learn about it.

Ken
Old 03-30-2005 | 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Guest_kscarrol_*' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry for the delay, having major network issues here at the office.? Spoke to the SA, no part number yet.? The story is that BMW sends out a video/DVD each month to all the dealers, where engineers etc discuss reported problems with various models.? It is called the "Round Table".? He said if your dealer has not heard of the new seals tell them to watch the March Round Table video and they will hear BMW tell dealers to stop fixing the creaking doors and that the new seals should be available in a month or so.? He just got the video last Friday so some dealers may not have received the video yet.? He said that a Technical Service Bulletin will then follow the video listing procedures, part numbers and estimated costs.? My dealer has not received the TSB yet, so no part number.? Sorry to be so long winded, but that is the story.? Any service dept who has not heard of the seal replacment, tell them to watch the March Round Table from BMW to learn about it.

Ken
[snapback]108864[/snapback]
Thanks Ken, that roundtable DVD has lots of good stuff in it like the cup holder fix. Many dealers don't bother watching it. That will be my ticket to getting the rattles gone once and for all. Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Mar 30 2005, 04:35 PM
[quote name='Guest_kscarrol_*' date='Mar 30 2005, 01:30 PM']Sorry for the delay, having major network issues here at the office.? Spoke to the SA, no part number yet.? The story is that BMW sends out a video/DVD each month to all the dealers, where engineers etc discuss reported problems with various models.? It is called the "Round Table".? He said if your dealer has not heard of the new seals tell them to watch the March Round Table video and they will hear BMW tell dealers to stop fixing the creaking doors and that the new seals should be available in a month or so.? He just got the video last Friday so some dealers may not have received the video yet.? He said that a Technical Service Bulletin will then follow the video listing procedures, part numbers and estimated costs.? My dealer has not received the TSB yet, so no part number.? Sorry to be so long winded, but that is the story.? Any service dept who has not heard of the seal replacment, tell them to watch the March Round Table from BMW to learn about it.

Ken
[snapback]108864[/snapback]
Thanks Ken, that roundtable DVD has lots of good stuff in it like the cup holder fix. Many dealers don't bother watching it. That will be my ticket to getting the rattles gone once and for all. Thanks again.
[snapback]108869[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wonder how we can get hold of a copy
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:18 PM

I have the March Roundtable presentation and they do talk about new seal being in testing right now.
Old 03-30-2005 | 01:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Sorry that was me.

Quick Reply: New Door Seals