E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New door seals...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Stopped by my dealer on Saturday to see if they had started getting in the new door seals. My SA said they are not out yet! Could be as we tend to run a little behind in New Orleans, but wanted to see if any of you guys who had the new seals installed had a part number from your workorder. He asked for a part number to check on, told him I'd try and get a number. Thanks in advance for the help!

Ken
Old 05-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

I believe it is the same part number. I think the difference is a yellow or green sticker is on the seal or packaging.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by zippers525' date='May 9 2005, 06:52 AM
I believe it is the same part number. I think the difference is a yellow or green sticker is on the seal or packaging.
[snapback]126045[/snapback]
Thanks, I do remember that being discussed earlier. Just wanted to get back to him with an actual number, but I'll try this route... The problem is that if he doesn't know/believe that the "new" seals have the same part number, he's not going to schedule me for the fix. I can just see me pleading "I swear the new ones use the same part number, but with a yellow or green dot on the package". For now he's saying hold off, no fix or carboflo until the new seals are out. And he doesn't know/think they are yet...
Old 05-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='May 9 2005, 06:37 AM
[quote name='zippers525' date='May 9 2005, 06:52 AM']I believe it is the same part number. I think the difference is a yellow or green sticker is on the seal or packaging.
[snapback]126045[/snapback]
Thanks, I do remember that being discussed earlier. Just wanted to get back to him with an actual number, but I'll try this route... The problem is that if he doesn't know/believe that the "new" seals have the same part number, he's not going to schedule me for the fix. I can just see me pleading "I swear the new ones use the same part number, but with a yellow or green dot on the package". For now he's saying hold off, no fix or carboflo until the new seals are out. And he doesn't know/think they are yet...
[snapback]126058[/snapback]
[/quote]

I know what you mean, it seems easier for me to get things fixed/replaced if I've got a part number. I feel like the flow of information down to the service departments is not always efficient. There was a thread awhile back that spoke of a monthly video that went out to the service departments....I think it was called the monthly roundtable? Anyway, I mentioned that to my SA when we were talking about the door seals, and he had heard of the videos, but didn't watch them. I would think it would be beneficial for the SAs to watch these videos too.......don't you think? Let us know what happens KS......I have had the window squeak problem since I got the car, and the carboflo soloution only seems to last for a few weeks.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='May 9 2005, 08:07 AM
I know what you mean, it seems easier for me to get things fixed/replaced if I've got a part number.? I feel like the flow of information down to the service departments is not always efficient.? There was a thread awhile back that spoke of a monthly video that went out to the service departments....I think it was called the monthly roundtable?? Anyway, I mentioned that to my SA when we were talking about the door seals, and he had heard of the videos, but didn't watch them.? I would think it would be beneficial for the SAs to watch these videos too.......don't you think?? Let us know what happens KS......I have had the window squeak problem since I got the car, and the carboflo soloution only seems to last for a few weeks.
[snapback]126070[/snapback]
Yes, that was me, and the same Service Advisor, who told me about the Roundtable videos and the new seals on the way! He says they are still not out yet! I'll call him back and press him a bit, but he generally seems well informed. Just not sure how to get him to believe that others are getting the new seals. Thought a part number might get him to believe me that the seals are available.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

the new seals are available (at least here in the Netherlands)

I had a new complete kit in my hands thisi afternoon but both my serviceman and I couldn't find any difference.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='May 9 2005, 09:16 AM
the new seals are available (at least here in the Netherlands)

I had a new complete kit in my hands thisi afternoon but both my serviceman and I couldn't find any difference.

?
[snapback]126079[/snapback]
OK, did you see a part number, or the yellow/green dot on the actual seal?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:50 PM
MEX
Senior Members

i'm getting them installed right now, and they have the same partsnumber, just an extra yellow small dot
Old 05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MEX' date='May 9 2005, 02:50 PM
i'm getting them installed right now, and they have the same partsnumber, just an extra yellow small dot
[snapback]126234[/snapback]
Thanks MEX! Any chance that when you pick up your car, you could scan in the workorder for me? I think it would helpful to have it in hand when I go back to this guy and try to explain that it's the same part number. He is putting me off saying the new seals are not out yet, this would help! Thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='May 9 2005, 02:08 PM
[quote name='MEX' date='May 9 2005, 02:50 PM']i'm getting them installed right now, and they have the same partsnumber, just an extra yellow small dot
[snapback]126234[/snapback]
Thanks MEX! Any chance that when you pick up your car, you could scan in the workorder for me? I think it would helpful to have it in hand when I go back to this guy and try to explain that it's the same part number. He is putting me off saying the new seals are not out yet, this would help! Thanks
[snapback]126254[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd love to see that too....I didn't think the new seals had actually hit North America yet.......I'm pretty sure my SA doesn't know about them yet either.....

Quick Reply: New door seals...