E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New car tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels
Cool

I have bought the i-pod connector cable for the USB, just need the car to plug it into now!

Having been lurking about on the forum for a while whilst ordering and waiting for my car to arrive, I am really looking forward to finally getting my hands on my first 5er.

It will be basic with no leather or nav (due to budget constraints!), but it has enough kit as standard for me and a few choice options such as the USB, privacy glass and advanced air con. Anyway, going for a better spec / more power gives me something to aim for in the next one! Perhaps one day I will be able to get every option in the book like Rudy and others!

Thanks everyone for the invaluable information I have gained from the forum, and general all round entertainment during the tedium that is waiting for delivery!

I will try to post some pics very soon!

Cheers
Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Contributors

Nice one Lord ... there is nothing like getting a brand new 5 series. Larger engines and more toys are always a bonus, but the E60 is a superb car in all guises. What colour have you gone for? I have my 3rd E60 on order, you'll love it
Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

Congratulations!

I have a fairly basic 520d too, got it ~4 months ago. To me, it doesn't feel like an entry level model at all (unlike the Audi A6 2.0tdi that I've driven too). I'm sure you'll really enjoy it just like I do, it's a fantastic car. I'm not sure if this sounds weird for an expensive car like the E60, but I think the 520d is really a lot of value for money.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='465397' date='Sep 3 2007, 07:48 PM
Nice one Lord ... there is nothing like getting a brand new 5 series. Larger engines and more toys are always a bonus, but the E60 is a superb car in all guises. What colour have you gone for? I have my 3rd E60 on order, you'll love it
Was going to go for Monoco Blue, but decieded upon jet black as this was free. Spent ?600 upgrading the air con (which also comes with the high OBC and sliding armrest) instead.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by timewa' post='465413' date='Sep 3 2007, 08:51 PM
Congratulations!

I have a fairly basic 520d too, got it ~4 months ago. To me, it doesn't feel like an entry level model at all (unlike the Audi A6 2.0tdi that I've driven too). I'm sure you'll really enjoy it just like I do, it's a fantastic car. I'm not sure if this sounds weird for an expensive car like the E60, but I think the 520d is really a lot of value for money.
Couldn't agree with you more. I was also looking at a E90 3 series, but thought that the E60 had a touch more prestige!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Hey Lord, it wouldn't matter if it came with beach chairs... dude your getting a beemer, bimmer, 5 series, whatever you want to call it. I have had mine for just over a month. just got back a couple of hours ago on a short trip for the weekend and it was awesome.

p.s. I saw some people say that it comes with the usb connector, you should't have to buy it. I guess you will find out tomorrow. We will be waiting, impatiently for pics... congrats
Old 09-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='465453' date='Sep 3 2007, 05:56 PM
p.s. I saw some people say that it comes with the usb connector, you should't have to buy it.
I think that is U.S. only.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

Talking

good feeling isnt it, i had that too

make sure you get some pics of it tommorrow

for us

Thanks

enjoy....!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I, Manual, Space Gray Metallic, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Satellite, Power Sunshade, Comfort Access.

Originally Posted by Lord Monkey' post='465378' date='Sep 3 2007, 01:51 PM
I have bought the i-pod connector cable for the USB, just need the car to plug it into now!

Having been lurking about on the forum for a while whilst ordering and waiting for my car to arrive, I am really looking forward to finally getting my hands on my first 5er.

It will be basic with no leather or nav (due to budget constraints!), but it has enough kit as standard for me and a few choice options such as the USB, privacy glass and advanced air con. Anyway, going for a better spec / more power gives me something to aim for in the next one! Perhaps one day I will be able to get every option in the book like Rudy and others!

Thanks everyone for the invaluable information I have gained from the forum, and general all round entertainment during the tedium that is waiting for delivery!

I will try to post some pics very soon!

Cheers

Congrats! Have fun with it!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Ditto, congrats and best luck

Quick Reply: New car tomorrow!