E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BMW Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Touring E61

Hi all,
I just bought a 2006 535D Touring and am really chuffed.

On the drive back picking it up (about two hundred miles) it averaged 40 MPG (OK, it was 39.8, but as the wife will tell you, I'm prone to exaggeration).

It is a lovely Metallic Burgundy colour, which I haven't seen many of.

It seems to have loads of extras - Sat Nav Professional, Voice activation, Heads up display (that is way cool, never seen it before, but now I have it, I would want it every time!!), Cruise, CD Drive & CDC, BlueTooth, Memory seats with the extra comfort controls, Automatic boot opening/closing, Auxiliary heating, M-Sport Alloys, Auto lights and wipers, Parking sensors on the screen, iDrive, Service pack indicator, Tyre pressure sensors, Dual Zone A/C plus all the usual gear (some of that may be standard anyway, I wouldn't know) and a couple of things I haven't figured out yet.

Plus - it goes like a train. Wow.

The ride is a bit lumpy, plus it follows the road lines quite noticeably, but I'll check the tracking and I'm going to do away with the run flats, as they have such stiff side walls I'm convinced they ruin the ride.

Did about a hundred mile run today with more brisk driving and still managed around 34 MPG.

Always been a huge Audi fan (and always will be - love Quattro), however I couldn't afford the new shape Allroad I wanted and saw this, so decided to jump in. Pleased I did.

Do all of my own repairs generally as I used to be an RTE (Renault Technical Expert), but I'm getting old, fat and forgetful, so am learning the art of asking others for advice (or as I believe it's called - being lazy).

Can someone tell me where on the car the sticker (if it has one) is that lists all the extras fitted to the car is.

Also, it seems to link to my iPhone for calls via bluetooth, but does anyone know if I'm able to listen to music that way also, or do I have to use the little aux in 3.5mm socket in the back for that?

Thanks for your time.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Hi - welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

I'm can't help you with the sticker saying what's on the car, but your dealer should be able to look it up based on the VIN.

I don't believe the bluetooth support allows for listening to music. It only supports phone use. So I think you need to use the Aux plug. You'll find some threads on this forum about quality of the bass through the Aux input.

Nice to see the word "chuffed" being used on the forum. Yeah - I've been chuffed with my Precious since I got her.

Safe travels.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

& enjoy your new-to-you ride!
Old 09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Welcome to another UK member, The bluetooth is for calls only but you can get a Dension 500 or the BMW oem ipod interface for music.

As RMCD said, ask your dealer to print out the options list from your VIN no. OH and pics are mandatory here, we love pics.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Members

Can I get a translation of 'Chuffed' please? We speak American around here. J/K, enjoy the car. I would love to see pics.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 535D Touring E61

Cheers chaps, thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll visit the dealers on Saturday and ask about getting a list.

I'll also post some photos tonight.

Thanks for the info.

FYI

CHUFFED - [Chuff 'd]

The art of being chuffed, to chuff, they chuff, you chuff, we have chuffed. To be chuffed. To own a BMW 535D Touring, To have a grin the size of a Cheshire cat. To be pleased as punch. To be happy as a Lark.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

LOL! Well said.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: [N62]

Welcome to forum!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Members