E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New to BMW and have a few issues. help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013 | 09:43 AM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

Originally Posted by beesh
I must explain a few things guys... the BMW was a trade in at an Infiniti dealership where I traded in my Truck and bought it. I also bought a "Nissan" Quality guard Plus bumper to bumper warranty. which allows for repairs anywhere not just at Nissan. So I took it to a BMW dealership where they discovered more issues w the car than what I took it in for. So BMW dealership is not the problem, it's the infiniti dealership and the warranty they sold me.
Take it to the Infinity dealer's service department, and then let them take it to BMW. You're going to have more luck that way. If they still won't fix it, cancel the warranty, and buy one somewhere else.
Old 01-05-2013 | 01:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Well that explains most of it. Just a bit confused what good this warranty is if they say it was pre-existing and they will not cover it... I think I would still be standing on that GM's desk.
Old 01-05-2013 | 02:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 525i sport package.

Originally Posted by Texas_Vol
Take it to the Infinity dealer's service department, and then let them take it to BMW. You're going to have more luck that way. If they still won't fix it, cancel the warranty, and buy one somewhere else.
That's exactly what I did today. They have fix my headliner leak already and they will be fighting the warranty company on Monday to cover the rest. If the warranty company does not, I will get a full refund and they will take my car to a sister BMW dealership to keep repair cost down.

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Well that explains most of it. Just a bit confused what good this warranty is if they say it was pre-existing and they will not cover it... I think I would still be standing on that GM's desk.
It seems that most used car warranties u buy now a days do NOT cover pee-existing issues and you can NOT file a claim w in the first 90 days and 3000 miles. Its a rip off for sure.
Old 01-06-2013 | 05:04 AM
Contributors

Sounds like Nissan's "Quality Guard" didn't include some basic checks and repairs before they dumped the car on you.

Now this may seem harsh - but most "used car buyers" TRUST the selling dealer! BAD BAD BAD !!! The sales guy probably doesn't know any more about the real condition of the car than the receptionist at a Proctologist's office - are you going to drop them and bend over just because he/she is cute ???

EVERY BUYER should have any pre-owned car inspected by a QUALIFIED mechanic before they hand over the money. Once the horse is out of the barn it's a little late to fix the door!

I do agree that the warranty folks are claiming "pre-exisiting" condition - IF they want to stand by that claim, use it against them!! Tell the dealer that their own warranty company says these issues existed and should have been correct BEFORE they sold you the car - OR at the very very very least they should have been disclosed before you handed over the money. If they claim it happened in the 1500 miles you've driven the car, tell them "Let's settle this in small claims court and see what a Judge will say to that!" Then DO IT - a small claim filing is cheap, fast and easy. They may want to show up with a lawyer but in most cases they will want to settle the matter and avoid that expense.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it! GOOD LUCK and Safe driving.
Good luck with your plight.
Old 01-12-2013 | 05:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 525i sport package.

" luigi524td" thanks for ur input. I agree w u but things just got even more complicated. In the middle of the fight w the dealership and the warranty company to repair the car or return the warranty or the car itself, on Wednesday night the car died and won't start. The battery was good but wont turn at all. Got the car towed to a local indy shop to find out the starter and an oil separator hose need to be replaced. I had to try again to see if the warranty would take car of it and they did. They covered the starter but not the hose. So now there is no way I can return this warranty. Now I have to fight w the dealership to take care of the other repairs or take the car back. I had to repair the oil filter housing gasket before it gets worse. so I paid 375 and another 75 for the hose out of pocket. I think it's the right thing to do if I plan to keep the car or try to sell it if I can't take it back to the dealership. I would hate to sell the car w all this problems to someone. Now I will go back to fighting w the dealership to repair the rest of the problems. have a great weekend everyone.

Last edited by beesh; 01-12-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2013 | 06:38 AM
New Members

My Ride: '08 535i Sport

You can cancel a warranty at ANY time.
Old 01-13-2013 | 12:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530i

I really do feel sorry for BMW newbies