E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New BMW colors

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

The new E92 will introduce some new colors with intresting names:
Space Grey, Sparkling Graphite and Artic are such.
All new shades of grey.

The E92 will also be offered with, for us E60 drivers, more common shades as:
Black Sapphire, Monaco Blue and Titanium Silver + Alpine White and Jet Black.

Let's us see when the E60 will get these new color blends...

Source: bmw.co.uk
Old 07-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Silver BMW 530i Premium Package, Sports Package, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Sun Shades, iPod Retrofit kit, M-Tech Kit, OEM Style 172 Wheels

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='307114' date='Jul 5 2006, 08:50 AM
The new E92 will introduce some new colors with intresting names:
Space Grey, Sparkling Graphite and Artic are such.
All new shades of grey.

The E92 will also be offered with, for us E60 drivers, more common shades as:
Black Sapphire, Monaco Blue and Titanium Silver + Alpine White and Jet Black.

Let's us see when the E60 will get these new color blends...
Source: bmw.co.uk
Where's the source? i can't wait to see what new colors are available
Old 07-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by x550-ed' post='307122' date='Jul 5 2006, 07:00 PM
Old 07-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.bmw.co.uk
Old 07-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Sparkling Graphite has always been available on the E90. I should know because I ordered mine in that colour before changing my mind and buying the e60

On the e60's what I could never understand is why the restrictions in colour choices when you choose the M Trim! I wanted the Tit Grey but that's not available :thumbsdown:
Old 07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

My E90 is Sparkling Graphite.

It is similar to Ti Gray, but has more sparkle to it... and also has a hint of purple when the sun hits it.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Members

Anyone have any info on the distribution of e60s by color. The last car I bought I got it in silver. Then I noticed how many silver cars were out there. It was a good decision because of the maintainability issue. But if I am going to spend $60,000 on a car I would not like something so common. Most e60s that I have noticed have been either silver, then black, and white. I am thinking about black sapphire metallic. The only concerns is have is with maintainability (I know I will be detailing it alot) and the fact I don't want to look like I am driving a limo. My wife says that the e60 reminds her of the movie in three kings when the iraqis see saddam's limo (lexus or infiniti - there was a funny discussion of this in the movie) and say "saddam is coming, saddam is coming."

I have silver already and there are too many on the road.

E60s that are white look classy, but its white, on the plain side for me.

My first car was dark blue and I like it, but it doesn't look good in an e60.

I think when it comes down to it there are not many choices of car colors that's why you only see certain colors.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Try to get a look at amethyst grey metallic live. Don't focus on the pictures - it looks crap on them but in the evening sun when it's detailed the colour is really interesting. IMHO looks better with chrome if that doesn't bother you.

I am yet to see an E60 other than mine in this colour. This picture is the closest one I have to reality.

Initially I was not that hot about it and complained to friends, a lot of whom - women in particular on seeing it have commented to the contrary that in fact they really like the colour. I have to say it's grown on me too.

--
Przemek

New BMW colors-img_5027.jpg
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Premium Package, Sport Package (Bridgestone RFTs), Logic 7 Sound System, Nav System, Split Folding Rear Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Park Distance Control.

Amethyst Gray and Olivin Green are two of my favorite E60 colors (after Silver Gray). Bangle's lines show to best effect in colors around this tonal range.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PoleApart' post='307203' date='Jul 5 2006, 04:44 PM
Try to get a look at amethyst grey metallic live. Don't focus on the pictures - it looks crap on them but in the evening sun when it's detailed the colour is really interesting. IMHO looks better with chrome if that doesn't bother you.
Attachment 21381
Nice car!

Quick Reply: New BMW colors