E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to BMW

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i
Default New to BMW

I have recently purchased a 1 owner 2008 535I. I have searched for most of the answers I need already with little results. I know the car sits higher on the driver side than the passenger side.

1. I would like to lower the car so the wheels tuck nicely under the fenders. will the lowering kit eliminate the high side?

2. I want my rear tires to last as long as possible. would making the tires straight instead of bowed in at the top help this and will it have any negative effects on the car??
Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
H F
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545

Not sure on the lowering , my car has the sport suspension and it is low enough for me.
As far as the negative camber . W hat I did on my car was reduced the negative camber to very minimum of factory specs that's .8 which is as far as the computer will allow. On normal street driving you won't notice any difference at all. I have noticed a very slight and minimal effect on hard cornering , but I mean driving it around tight switch backs like I stole it. But like I said hardly noticeable.
You can also do a off rim rotate and switch the rears and fronts side to side .
On my car I wait till the tire wears down almost to the wear bars on the inside corners. Then off rim rotate , the inside corners will now be on the outsides and the fresh out sides will be on the insides . This will double and maximize your tire life and will give u even tire wear across the whole tire surface.

Make sure that the tires can be rotated side to side because some tires are not just one directional but also one sided only. I use Ventus V12 evo's super happy with them , and they stick like contact cement , even when low on tread .
I also went with nitrogen , I like the fact that nitrogen doesn't fluctuate with heat and cold temps like air does. I add 5psi over when the tires are new in order to get the weight of the car toward the center of the tire and less on the inside corners on the rears. Then when I rotate I reduce the pressure to 3 psi over . Hope this helps ,, congrats on ur 535 and welcome to the forum

Last edited by H F; 01-09-2014 at 07:08 PM.