E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 550 on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, kscarrol, local dealer has a M5 in Space Grey with Black interior and it looks very sharp. Good choice.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by tuco' post='483337' date='Oct 18 2007, 08:48 PM
Congrats, kscarrol, local dealer has a M5 in Space Grey with Black interior and it looks very sharp. Good choice.
Thanks. How much for the M5? Maybe it's not too late to change my order...
Old 10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Congrats. The 550 Sport looks beautiful in Space Grey. The 172 wheels look quite beautiful with the Space Grey.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='483340' date='Oct 18 2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks. How much for the M5? Maybe it's not too late to change my order...
kscarrol - well, the small problem is that the car is here in Kelowna, BC. Might be a tad far for you to venture to get it; plus, these days the Cdn buck is worth slightly more (about 2c) than the US buck so the exchange is no longer in your favor. It is is nice car tho, and the boss there suggested he would do a heck of good deal for me if I switched my order and took the M5. So far, I have resisted the temptation.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

EXCELLENT!!!! I want to join the "upgrade" class...
Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 04' 545i - Jet Black, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg

Awesome! I'd eventually like to join the club as well.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

I have one recommendation, if I were you I would change the color. I understand that you are thinking ahead about the upkeep but let me tell you what happened to me. I had an e39 2002 before I purchased my e60. The e39 was Grey my favorite color so I purchased my e60 Space Grey. When I got it I felt kind of strange at first because there was no difference to the color scheme from my old one to the new one which was Grey exterior and Black interior. It felt like I did not have a new car although everything else was different. When I had the opportunity to change cars (LONG STORY-LOOK AT THE ARCHIVES) I went with Platinum Grey and I can't begin to tell you how different it feels and looks. Pick the car color because it's the color you want not because you have to clean it more or less.

Either way good luck.

VERY IMPORTANT TOO- drop the sunshade and get the COMFORT ACCESS, I LOVE IT and so will you trust me.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Members

Congrats. Sounds sweeet!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='483309' date='Oct 19 2007, 07:55 AM
Went in today and put down a small deposit on my new 550! Finally decided against keeping the old 545 as she is approaching four years old and besides, this is my chance to gets more of the bells and whistles I passed on the first go around. Went with Space Grey, LOVED the Carbon Black but had to be realistic about all the rain we get here and the upkeep. Space Grey looks great and will be easier to keep looking nice.

Space Grey
Sports Package
Sports Auto Transmission w/ paddles
Navigation
Logic 7
Sirius
iPod adapter
Rear/side sunshades

Edit:
Black Dakota interior
Comfort Access

Did test drive a 550 with the Active Steering, just couldn't do it so I passed. Also thought hard about HUD but passed as well. The best part, and I'll confirm tomorrow, is that there is one exactly like my order already on the boat over and it is unspoken for so my dealer thinks he can swap out of his inventory to get it. Could be here in three weeks! Now I have to decide what to do with the 545. Needless to say I'm very excited, particularly with the Sports Package as my 545 does not have it. The waiting begins...
Congratulations on your new purchase! I read that you did not like the active steering, did it feel very different? I don't have active steering and I have not driven a car with that option, so just wondering if it is a worthwhile option. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by my2007' post='484425' date='Oct 22 2007, 02:22 AM
Congratulations on your new purchase! I read that you did not like the active steering, did it feel very different? I don't have active steering and I have not driven a car with that option, so just wondering if it is a worthwhile option. Thanks!
I did test drive a 550 with the active steering. It was ceratinly better than the version offered back in late 2003 when I ordered my 545, but I still did not care for it. I can certainly see the value if you do a lot driving in tight spaces like parking garages but I found it almost too sensitive at lower speeds. Kind of hard to describe but at low speeds it is very easy to cause the car to turn, which is what it is supposed ( ) to do but I just did not care for it. Ultimately you have to drive it yourself and see how you like it. Many have it an love it, maybe I'm just a little too old school and like the road feel of the standard rack-and-pinion steering. Definitely drive cars with and without for some extended test drives, including parking lots and open road at different speeds.

Quick Reply: New 550 on the way...