E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 545i owner - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few questions regarding my 04 545i........here we go......(nav equiped)

1). How do I get the memory seat/wheel/mirror positions to recognize my two keys. I think it has to do with the door lock settings in the iDrive, but I can't seem to get it correct.

2). What is the purpose of the vent settings in the iDrive. They seem to change randomly. ALso, I have seen reference to an AUTO setting. Mine dosen't have that option. Should I have it?

Other that that...love the car. Nice power and the handling is great.

Thanks

MSM
Old 11-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

When the key is in ignition and you turn off the engine the settings get stored until the next time you use the key, then they get overwritten when you turn the engine off the next time and so on and so on...
Old 11-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by tnjet' post='200326' date='Nov 18 2005, 06:16 PM
I have a few questions regarding my 04 545i........here we go......(nav equiped)

1). How do I get the memory seat/wheel/mirror positions to recognize my two keys. I think it has to do with the door lock settings in the iDrive, but I can't seem to get it correct.

2). What is the purpose of the vent settings in the iDrive. They seem to change randomly. ALso, I have seen reference to an AUTO setting. Mine dosen't have that option. Should I have it?

Thanks

MSM
Welcome, the auto is the button on below the snow icon button on US models? Are you in the US? The vent settings are for you to customize the strength of the fan motor. Most people do not mess with this option since the Auto program mode takes care of everything. Now there is the auto program High, medium, and low. Only a geek would have made it this way, but in short, the high, medium, and low settings sets how strong the fan should blow in auto program mode to reach the desired temp. The manual will do much help.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='200440

Thanks

MSM
Welcome, the auto is the button on below the snow icon button on US models? Are you in the US? The vent settings are for you to customize the strength of the fan motor. Most people do not mess with this option since the Auto program mode takes care of everything. Now there is the auto program High, medium, and low. Only a geek would have made it this way, but in short, the high, medium, and low settings sets how strong the fan should blow in auto program mode to reach the desired temp. The manual will do much help.
[/quote]
And, if you are in the US, post back for more info on storing settings in your keys.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Members

<snip>

Yes,

Definitely in the US. I'm most preplexed with the changing "auto" vent settings. Got in the car yesterday and with the climate control on "auto" it was pumping air out the defroster (windshield) liek mad. Went into the iDrive vent settings and found them all turned off except for the defroster, which was wide open. I had set these to mid-range last time I was in the car.

As far as the key goes. ANy addition info you can share is appreciated. Any change I need to make to the "door lock" screen with the seat position settings? (Nav car)

Thanks for the help.

MSM

=====================
Old 11-19-2005, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tnjet' post='200326' date='Nov 19 2005, 12:16 AM

Thanks

MSM
Your dealer has programe the memory settings for your keys,you are not able to do it from the i-Drive.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Members

<snip>

Well....finally got to spend a few minutes in the car today and got the key/memory settings figured out. Everything is fine. Still don't understand the vent settings in the iDrive menu. Guess I'll forget about it for now. Thanks for the info.

MSM
Old 11-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by tnjet' post='200759' date='Nov 19 2005, 05:55 PM
<snip>

Well....finally got to spend a few minutes in the car today and got the key/memory settings figured out. Everything is fine. Still don't understand the vent settings in the iDrive menu. Guess I'll forget about it for now. Thanks for the info.

MSM
I am glad you got your keys working. I know nothing about the vent settings. I liked the way things were working and left the vents alone. Maybe after a year or so I'll check them out. ~{;^) Personally, I do only the really important things first and sneak up on the rest as I become more familar with the system--whether auto, computer, cell phone, iPod, wireless router, etc., etc. Things are easier if you catch some of the settings off guard. ~{;^)