E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 535d today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: –

Merv, a question for u:

Is the basic speaker configuration that much worse than the HiFi system? Does it have a decent bass reproduction? Is the basic system BETTER than the one in E39's? I remember it didn't have subwoofers at all?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Sport (M sport steering, M sport sills, M sport suspension, 18inch M style wheels) Carbon black, black nasca, dark wood, dechromed, folding mirrors, extended lights, sun protect glazing, grad tinted winscreen, servotronic steering, heated, ventilated active comfort seats, extended voice control, hi-fi speakers, hud, active cruise, split folding rear seats, rear electric blind, rear manual blinds visbility pack (xenons, adaptive headlights), media pack (6 CD, prof nav, bluetooth with telematics and assist)

Congrats Merv - can't wait to get mine now! Really pleased to hear that you are happy with the HiFi speakers. What are the 19"ers like (non-runflats I presume?) And are any of the other storage holes larger or are they just the same as your old e60?

Fin535dA - I have the standard audio setup in my e39 and I actually really like it. I have ordered HiFi in my new car as I felt that the Logic 7 coloured the sound too much. I am no audiobuff, but I do like good hi-fi equipment (Rega, Cambridge Audio etc.) - so I think I have a reasonable ear - but everyone has their own tastes!
Old 03-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Ok thank you =)
Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Fin535dA' date='Mar 30 2005, 11:03 AM
Merv, a question for u:

Is the basic speaker configuration that much worse than the HiFi system? Does it have a decent bass reproduction? Is the basic system BETTER than the one in E39's? I remember it didn't have subwoofers at all?
[snapback]108719[/snapback]
Fin,

The basic system is maginally better than the E39 basic system. The E60 basic system is bassless and when you turn it up for a good blast it distorts and sounds like its at the peak of its power. The HiFi sounds rich with bass with more clarity. At the same volume with the stock system the HiFi is just ticking over. Well worth the extra. I've not heard Logic 7 but regardless of how its sounds HiFi is one of the best I've heard

Cheers

Merv the very happy Derv
Old 03-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by New535' date='Mar 30 2005, 11:38 AM
Congrats Merv - can't wait to get mine now! Really pleased to hear that you are happy with the HiFi speakers. What are the 19"ers like (non-runflats I presume?) And are any of the other storage holes larger or are they just the same as your old e60?

Fin535dA - I have the standard audio setup in my e39 and I actually really like it. I have ordered HiFi in my new car as I felt that the Logic 7 coloured the sound too much.? I am no audiobuff, but I do like good hi-fi equipment (Rega, Cambridge Audio etc.) - so I think I have a reasonable ear - but everyone has their own tastes!
[snapback]108737[/snapback]
New535,

I only have the stock 18" alloys at the moment as the 172's would have delayed the car till May. Done a deal to have them swopped once their new demonstrater arrives with my wheels - Thats 5,000 miles of burnouts to come
The storage has gone from the centre and the drivers side (under lights switch) has a great, albeit cheap feeling, lid and will hold plenty of cr...stuff. The whole car feels much higher in quality than my old one and much more refined. I'm not saying better than the 530d, I'm saying better than my early model 530d. I would say BMW have secretly improved quality somewhere along the line.
Hope you like it when you get it!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Hi Merv

Great look!

I was thinking that it would be great if BMW had a "wood" Steptronic surround piece instead of the anthracite plastic one - don't you think?

All the Best

Hobi

PS. Lovely conversations on the Active Steering !!! Maybe we should talk about Ladas vs BMW
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Mar 30 2005, 08:17 AM
Mark - Nice car !!!!? Certainly worth the wait?

Do you mind me asking what your cost to change was ? (pm me if you'd rather keep this private)

I agree about the light trim this looks very swish - IMO this looks better that the standard sport "cube" trim.
[snapback]108633[/snapback]
Marty,

I paid 38K for the 530d and they gave me, in effect, 29k back for it after 18mths. The new one was about 44k with 6% discount. They said mine was the first E60 they had taken in part ex and I was the first customer for a 535d sport so I suppose they had a bit of a learning curve going on. I was happyish with the deal as cars are no investment especially new ones. I use mine for business travel mainly and you do only live once!

Cheers

Mark
Old 03-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride:

Hi Merv,

Nice wheels...!!

You're the first person I know to have taken delivery of light poplar wood. I know you previously had a grey dakota interior, and last week I just ordered the combination of grey.light poplar - so knowing what you know can you imagine the two together?

If so I would be interested in your comments....

Again, nice wheels!

Regards
Andy - Newport
Old 03-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Volvo Driver' date='Mar 30 2005, 02:06 PM
Hi Merv,

Nice wheels...!!

You're the first person I know to have taken delivery of light poplar wood. I know you previously had a grey dakota interior, and last week I just ordered the combination of grey.light poplar - so knowing what you know can you imagine the two together?

If so I would be interested in your comments....

Again, nice wheels!

Regards
Andy - Newport
[snapback]108802[/snapback]
Andy,

I personally would not add wood with grey whether it be light or dark. My grey interior had the maple wood which suits it best IMHO. The black and light poplar looks so upmarket almost like the Maybach It feels to me like a BMW individual interior
I will post some daylight pics a little later and hopefully you will get the idea.

Thanks

Merv a well happy Derv
Old 03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride:

Hi Merv,
I note that you got the extended interior lights pack.
I have ordered this without knowing too much about it - would appreciate your comments when you have time, please.
Rgards
Andy - Newport

Quick Reply: New 535d today!