E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 530d owner - couple of questions on the 530d

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d SE. Media Package, Sight and Light Package, Front and Rear Park Sensors, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Power Folding Dimming Mirrors, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Sunroof, Sports Steering Wheel, Advanced Aircon, Comfort Seats, Heated Seats, Oscillating Seats, Air Cooled Seats, Electril Rear Blind, Rear Heated Seats.... probably more that I have forgot! :p

Hi guy's,

Just purchased a 2004 530d SE today and pick it up on Saturday. It has the following main features...

Black Sapphire Metalic
Auto SMG
Active Steering
Dynamic Drive
Heated Sports Steering Wheel
Electric Sunroof
Electric Rear Sunblind
Auto Dimming Internal and External Folding Mirrors
High Gloss Trim
Comfort Seats with Nasca Leather
Heated Front and Rear Seats
Front Seat Ventilation
Oscillating Seats
Advance Auto Air Con
Active Cruise Control
Hi Fi Logic 7
Media Package
Visibility Package
Through Load Ski System
Rear Airbags
Space Saver Spare Wheel

It was the first time I had driven a 530d so wasn't sure what to expect. However after my testdrive I have 2 questions...

1. The cabin seemed to let a lot of the engine noise in from what seemed to come from the top centre of the dash, more than I am used to. I currently drive a diesel so its not that I am not used to the diesel engine sound but it is louder than I expected, like there should be more sound insulation, is this normal?

2. On the test drive I had a push of the Active Cruise Control buttons and nothing seemed to happen except when I pushed the stalk back the car made a "bling" noise and a yellow speedo icon with an exclamation mark came up on the display. After looking at a downloaded copy of the manual I can now see that this means that an ACC fault occured. Anyone know what it could be? Hopefully it is the sensor blocked with the detailers polish or something as it seems like a neat feature to have if it works. When I restarted the car the triangle exclamation mark actually went out but I didnt know at the time that I could check the problems on the centre idrive display

Appart from that the car felt and sounded fine as new. It has 88k miles on it but has been very well serviced with full dealer service history which I confirmed by getting the details from BMW customer services and ringing round the dealers given to confirm the details.

Now I need 18/19" alloys and an m-tec kit to put on it!!

Cheers,

Lee.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by 530d-Lee' post='551958' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:35 AM
Hi guy's,

Just purchased a 2004 530d SE today and pick it up on Saturday. It has the following main features...

Black Sapphire Metalic
Auto SMG
Active Steering
Dynamic Drive
Heated Sports Steering Wheel
Electric Sunroof
Electric Rear Sunblind
Auto Dimming Internal and External Folding Mirrors
High Gloss Trim
Comfort Seats with Nasca Leather
Heated Front and Rear Seats
Front Seat Ventilation
Oscillating Seats
Advance Auto Air Con
Active Cruise Control
Hi Fi Logic 7
Media Package
Visibility Package
Through Load Ski System
Rear Airbags
Space Saver Spare Wheel

I see you have the poverty spec j/k . That car looks LOADED. I can sadly give you no help with your Qs though.

PS how many pennies for the motor, if I may be so cheeky?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

seems like a fully loaded car you got there....you can work out the small kinks and bugs.... you need 19" 166M wheels with m tech kit ....
Old 03-27-2008, 03:42 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Acually i dont notice any major noise from my car ( unless windows wound down). Get it checked out.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by snkpkp' post='551962' date='Mar 28 2008, 12:42 AM
seems like a fully loaded car you got there....you can work out the small kinks and bugs.... you need 19" 166M wheels with m tech kit ....
I disagree , he 172s look better unless you get the replica-only 20" 166 copys.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Originally Posted by ressla' post='551965' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:44 AM
I disagree , he 172s look better unless you get the replica-only 20" 166 copys.

+1 but since most ppl here like the 166M I suggested him that....it does look very good...you gotta admit...eventhough i am getting 172's...if i was in US i would be getting the 166 cause too many cars now with 172 550i in sport package , where as over here too many 135 18" M which looks from a distance like the M166 so i am getting the 172's.....i like it a little better too...the whole spider look...
Old 03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d SE. Media Package, Sight and Light Package, Front and Rear Park Sensors, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, Power Folding Dimming Mirrors, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Sunroof, Sports Steering Wheel, Advanced Aircon, Comfort Seats, Heated Seats, Oscillating Seats, Air Cooled Seats, Electril Rear Blind, Rear Heated Seats.... probably more that I have forgot! :p

Cheers guy's,

ressla - got the car for 16,500

The noise from the engine is not a disconcerning noise, it just seems loader than I would expect inside the cabin, as I say, like there should be more noise insulation behind the engine (or its missing). Maybe I just need to get used to the sound of that engine as apose to my current 1.9 CDTI SRI Vectra which I have driven for the last 4 years. Its hard to explain a noise lol

Bought it now though so hope it's just me being daft!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Members

I think it must be normal as it sounded like this...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9CHS2htLtKE