E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 525i with a mind of it's own

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Smile

Hi All,

I have been a new BMW owner now for almost 2 months. My car has been in the shop more than with me. (Winshield stress crack, key not recongnized, idrive resets, etc)

I have reached the end of my rope with a ongiing problem with the IDrvie and things turning off and the door chime,

I have an issue where the radio will not turn off from time to time with the key out of the ignition and doors locked. The idrive system resetting intermittanly, etc, etc. Door chimines going off when getting out of the car as iff the lights are left on or the key in the ignition.

Has anyone experienced this with their e60. Mine is a january build and has had a software upgrade when adding the aux input. The problems has existed since day one.

Now my dealer has had the car for a week and say they have experieced the problems and are going to replace the ignition componets. They think the system is not recognizing the key or if the key is removed. Any experiences like this please let me know.

I am begining to think I have a lemon with all of the times I have had to go to the dealer in the first 2 months of ownership
Old 03-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Mar 12 2005, 05:29 AM
Hi All,

I have been a new BMW owner now for almost 2 months. My car has been in the shop more than with me. (Winshield stress crack, key not recongnized, idrive resets, etc)

I have reached the end of my rope with a ongiing problem with the IDrvie and things turning off and the door chime,

I have an issue where the radio will not turn off from time to time with the key out of the ignition and doors locked. The idrive system resetting intermittanly, etc, etc. Door chimines going off when getting out of the car as iff the lights are left on or the key in the ignition.

Has anyone experienced this with their e60. Mine is a january build and has had a software upgrade when adding the aux input. The problems has existed since day one.

Now my dealer has had the car for a week and say they have experieced the problems and are going to replace the ignition componets. They think the system is not recognizing the key or if the key is removed.? ? Any experiences like this please let me know.

I am begining to think I have a lemon with all of the times I have had to go to the dealer in the first 2 months of ownership
[snapback]100475[/snapback]
Oh man I'm sorry to hear... I hope things will work out for you. keep us updated.

Where are you located?
Old 03-13-2005, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 12 2005, 03:45 PM
[quote name='stoogefan' date='Mar 12 2005, 05:29 AM']Hi All,

Now my dealer has had the car for a week and say they have experieced the problems and are going to replace the ignition componets. They think the system is not recognizing the key or if the key is removed.? ? Any experiences like this please let me know.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear... I hope things will work out for you. keep us updated.

Where are you located?
[snapback]100587[/snapback]
[/quote]

Richmond, VA
Old 03-13-2005, 03:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Mar 13 2005, 06:26 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 12 2005, 03:45 PM'][quote name='stoogefan' date='Mar 12 2005, 05:29 AM']Hi All,

Where are you located?
[/quote]

Richmond, VA
[snapback]100857[/snapback]
[/quote]

Stooge fan which dealer is working on your car Broad street or Midlotian, if it is Broad street get away as soon as possible those guys are jokes there and i only buy parts and accessories from them if it is the Midlotian store may not get fixed the first time but your load wont be wrecked. By the way were are you in Richmond ilive in eastern Henrico Varina area may be we could hook up for the cars sakes that is.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Mine has tons of Gremlins, too. As BMW NA told me a couple months ago, we bougth a complex car, so we need to live with more problems...
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Mar 13 2005, 07:37 AM
[quote name='stoogefan' date='Mar 13 2005, 06:26 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 12 2005, 03:45 PM'][quote name='stoogefan' date='Mar 12 2005, 05:29 AM']Hi All,

Where are you located?
[/quote]

Richmond, VA
[snapback]100857[/snapback]
[/quote]

Stooge fan which dealer is working on your car Broad street or Midlotian, if it is Broad street get away as soon as possible those guys are jokes there and i only buy parts and accessories from them if it is the Midlotian store may not get fixed the first time but your load wont be wrecked. By the way were are you in Richmond ilive in eastern Henrico Varina area may be we could hook up for the cars sakes that is.
[snapback]100860[/snapback]
[/quote]
Broad Street I am now sorry to say. I am actually from VB but I purchased in Richmond as I am there 3-4 times per week.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by drjochen' date='Mar 13 2005, 06:12 PM
As BMW NA told me a couple months ago, we bougth a complex car, so we need to live with more problems...
[snapback]101037[/snapback]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 13 2005, 05:05 PM
[quote name='drjochen' date='Mar 13 2005, 06:12 PM']As BMW NA told me a couple months ago, we bougth a complex car, so we need to live with more problems...
[snapback]101037[/snapback]

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]101061[/snapback]
[/quote]
it's hard to believe bmwna told you something like this . whoever told you this should live with unemployment soon [attachment=7118:attachment].
Old 03-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Mar 13 2005, 09:26 PM
whoever told you this should live with unemployment soon [attachment=7118:attachment].
[snapback]101131[/snapback]
Unemployment?! NO WAY I'm not paying for him to claim unemployment!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

well, if that's the case, get a big cut on his/her salary then . $50/month is a bit too much, huh [attachment=7121:attachment].

Quick Reply: New 525i with a mind of it's own