E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lease is over in 4 months. Have read that re designed 5 series out in europe next year. Does that mean new 5 series in US in 2 years? If so thinking about 2 year lease. Also when is the 2009 5 series out, should I extend my lease for a 2009
Old 10-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Don't think the next gen 5 series will be fully designed till begging to end of 09 I expect the first prototypes to be out by mid-end of 09 and probably won't be on the streets till beginning-mid 10.. As for your lease you can due whatever your heart desires. You can be one of the first to have the next gen 5 series but possibly having one with some "bugs" usually the first ones out from production usually tend to have some software issues or some kind of issue however that?s not always the case just saying its certainly a possibility. so with taking that into consideration you can be the first one out with the new model, which is always nice to be the first on the block with the hottest item but might possibly run into some issues with the car only months into ownership which once again isn't necessarily usually the case OR you can opt to a 3 year lease and wait till the car has had most of its "kinks" worked out and grab one still fairly early in production and still having that first on the block resemblance but obviously your really not the FIRST but the cars still brand new and usually by that time the car still hasn't gotten that rep of just being the current 5 series, rather "wow that?s a new 5" kind of thing lol.. Or you can go the route of opting for a 2 year lease and then depending on what BMW has to offer for the next gen 5 series you can always continue your lease until you've made up your mind which you feel is the best choice for yourself. Though the payments will be a little higher this is the price you have to pay in order to have the flexibility of attaining the new model as it first comes out. However now thinking about it if you go for a 3 year lease you can always buy out your lease and sell the car or just find someone to assume your lease. I personally would just do a 3 year lease and wait to see what BMW has to offer.

Wait it out man see what BMW has to offer then make your decision. Go with a 3 year and save on the payments and if the car really catches your eye you can always have someone assume your lease or buy it out and sell it

I just got my new LCI E60 535 and gave back my 04 525. I signed for a 3 year lease. Though I new the next gen would be coming out I figured I?d wait and see what they had to offer. Also coming from a 525 non LCI and going to a 535 LCI is really an UPGRADE. The thing has so much more power then my previous 525 and I also got more options then my 525 did. However I can?t say you will feel similar amazement as I did as I?m not sure which E60 you currently have and nor do I know which E60 you are looking to get