E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 3 series facelift?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my other thread debating whether my friend should get a M3 or S5, I almost got my friend convinced to get the M3.

HOWEVER, yest evening as I was walking downtown, I see this on the road. But my big question is, will the 2011 M3 also get a face-lift as well?

Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

As per Motor Authority article, the M3 will receive a facelift for the 2011 model just like the 3 series coupe and convertible just did.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shebs
As per Motor Authority article, the M3 will receive a facelift for the 2011 model just like the 3 series coupe and convertible just did.

That #%^%$#@! of a dealer . He told my friend that the M3 will remain unchanged. I new a facelift will come out but back then, they said only the normal engines will change and not the "M".

Thank you so much Shebs. Totally appreciate it. Going to print this article and head to the dealer for returning the down-payment back.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

The 2011 M3 changes are minor, primarily new taillights. And like the F10, post-Sept production cars get the new iDrive goodies...

Edit: It is my understanding that the 3 series got new headlights, basically an LCI for the 3 series, but that the M3 was not getting the new headlights. I'll confirm that when my M3 is delivered in October!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Man that spyshot m3 looks so boring.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
The 2011 M3 changes are minor, primarily new taillights. And like the F10, post-Sept production cars get the new iDrive goodies...
The article says the following changes will occur:

1- taillights
2- new trim
3-new center arm
4- The new improved iDrive and new buttons

I think the iDrive improvement is a big leap IMHO and SHOULD be taking into consideration.

But the question is, is the article credible? I don't want my friend to look like an idiot when he goes forth to the manager (enough dealing with the salesman).
Old 08-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Bteljuice

1- taillights
2- new trim
3-new center arm

I think the iDrive improvement is a big leap IMHO and SHOULD be taking into consideration.

But the question is, is the article credible? I don't want my friend to look like an idiot when he goes forth to the manager (enough dealing with the salesman).
Well the taillights and iDrive + buttons is correct as I noted. And I agree, they are worth waiting for and thats exactly what I did in ordering my car. As for the trim, had not heard that part so can neither confirm nor deny!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

1- taillights
2- new trim
3-new center arm

I think the article is correct. I have found another thread with photos taken in Geneva 2010. The tail lights are definitely changed. M3post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Well the taillights and iDrive + buttons is correct as I noted. And I agree, they are worth waiting for and thats exactly what I did in ordering my car. As for the trim, had not heard that part so can neither confirm nor deny!
Thank you for the quick confirmation.

Is it possible to link me to a credible and authentic source that will confirm that these new upgrades will involve the 2011 M3? I need something credible to show the Manager (which I am sure he knows of these upgrades but there is a down-payment that is involved and needs to be retrieved).
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Thank you for the quick confirmation.

Is it possible to link me to a credible and authentic source that will confirm that these new upgrades will involve the 2011 M3? I need something credible to show the Manager (which I am sure he knows of these upgrades but there is a down-payment that is involved and needs to be retrieved).

I don't think that there is a need for anything credible more than telling him that BMW, the company that employes, has shown the new car in Geneva 2010 .

Quick Reply: New 3 series facelift?