E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 2010 535i X drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup guys.. So I finally got my first BMW (2010 BMW 535i X-drive) and this baby is a beast. I'm a noob when it comes to car mods and things of that nature, as I previously drove a Lexus ES300 which i didn't really bother with, but after having seen my friend go through an e46 m3 and now a e60 m5 I felt the urge to become a BMW owner. I could use a lot of suggestions/help in how to proceed as far as mods for this car such as angel eyes, body kit (I like the Mtech), etc, as well as ballpark prices. I was also wondering whether any of these mods to the car could nullify my warranty, as I got it new with the BMW 4years/50k miles. I'm looking forward to the next few months and any help from you guys would be great!!! I took some shots of the car, hope you guys like. Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails New 2010 535i X drive-pic1.jpg   New 2010 535i X drive-pic3.jpg   New 2010 535i X drive-pic4.jpg   New 2010 535i X drive-pic5.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
Members

Sweet ride. I can't see any differences with my 08 535xi, and I have enjoyed my ride. Appears similarly equipped. I keep mine pretty stock. With a great handling car and 300hp twin turbo, why not! I'm here in the northeast, so the only purchase I made was a set of aftermarket wheels from Tire Rack and 4 snows. You'll get lots of comments about not needing snows, but this past winter they really came in handy. I also got the maintenance and extended warranty, because I usually keep my cars up to 100k miles. Currently at about 35K miles. We've been to FL (Key west, Palm Beach) and the southeast coast several times, and to Louisvillle, KY. Pleasurable rides all! 80+mph on I-95 results in about 26-27mpg. Enjoy your ride!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rlengyel
Sweet ride. I can't see any differences with my 08 535xi, and I have enjoyed my ride. Appears similarly equipped. I keep mine pretty stock. With a great handling car and 300hp twin turbo, why not! I'm here in the northeast, so the only purchase I made was a set of aftermarket wheels from Tire Rack and 4 snows. You'll get lots of comments about not needing snows, but this past winter they really came in handy. I also got the maintenance and extended warranty, because I usually keep my cars up to 100k miles. Currently at about 35K miles. We've been to FL (Key west, Palm Beach) and the southeast coast several times, and to Louisvillle, KY. Pleasurable rides all! 80+mph on I-95 results in about 26-27mpg. Enjoy your ride!
I got you bro, the snow in nyc may not be as bad as New England but when it snows here it piles on lol. I honestly didn't think about snow tires cause i figured the X-drive would help me out in those kinda situations, but thanks for the heads up . I can't wait to start taking road trips in this baby... I'm just afraid of how many speeding tickets I gonna get across the U.S hehe. This car is tooo fun!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

Sweet ride! I have a 2010 535 xDrive too. I just did the Dinan stage 2 software and exhaust and absolutely love it
Old 06-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

Congrats on the new car. I have a 2008 535 xi and I love it. The car is a great all around car. Despite having had a high pressure fuel pump hick-up, I love the car. I knew the car was awesome when I took it on the first longer drive and it a summer storm. There was so much rain that I could barely see but the car and tires performed flawlessly. The car also has great snow traction.

I am not sure how far you want to take the car with modifications. I am going to keep mine pretty stock. I might change the wheels to 18 inchers. I have added a clear bra already and it helps to prevent stone chips. Any power mods (i.e. Juice box etc. or chipping) will destroy the BMW warranty. One tuner, Dinan, provides it one warranty to replace the OEM warranty.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Munich77
I am not sure how far you want to take the car with modifications. I am going to keep mine pretty stock. I might change the wheels to 18 inchers. I have added a clear bra already and it helps to prevent stone chips. Any power mods (i.e. Juice box etc. or chipping) will destroy the BMW warranty. One tuner, Dinan, provides it one warranty to replace the OEM warranty.
I don't believe this to be true. There are a lot of flashes that are undetectable, and addons that can simply be removed before going into the dealership.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Members

Am I to understand that X drive is 4 x 4? We don't have X-drive 5ers in the UK.....
Old 06-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Nice!
Old 06-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Beautiful ride. One thing I would mod for sure if I owned this beauty would be the steering wheel, exchange it with an M wheel. Everytime I drive another 5 without it I'm stunned how much of a difference such a 'small' thing makes. And it is not even that much of an investment...

Good luck with this beast!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by Datitan2001
I got you bro, the snow in nyc may not be as bad as New England but when it snows here it piles on lol. I honestly didn't think about snow tires cause i figured the X-drive would help me out in those kinda situations, but thanks for the heads up . I can't wait to start taking road trips in this baby... I'm just afraid of how many speeding tickets I gonna get across the U.S hehe. This car is tooo fun!!
congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum,living in new york all you need is a good set of all season tires for the car and the xdrive will do the rest.we dont get a lot of snow like we have in past winters but even if we do get a nice big one,the xdrive with all season should be no problem at all.

Quick Reply: New 2010 535i X drive