E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need some help - replaced CCC, no sound (probably needs coded) - need some guidance

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 311 Likes on 298 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

No you will have to enable the features that it is lacking along with VIN pairing.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:34 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same issue like you @drosenth
I replaced my CCC in the 2006 530XI. It needs to be programmed to activate the L7 system.
Looking at the used working CCC i received, the connector in the back had all the wires for the audio speakers. Whereas my bad unit has no such wired and just the optical audio feeding to the Amp.

Question - Have you had a chance to fix yours with programming. i have the cable and all the software installed like INPA and NCS Expert. I can read the car data. Would like to know what to activate before I search through other websites or links.

If anyone has info or guidance, please help. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Code the vin and default code it. I don't know if it will work since you got a different model though.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:48 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i

Originally Posted by ChennaiMR
I am having the same issue like you @drosenth
I replaced my CCC in the 2006 530XI. It needs to be programmed to activate the L7 system.
Looking at the used working CCC i received, the connector in the back had all the wires for the audio speakers. Whereas my bad unit has no such wired and just the optical audio feeding to the Amp.

Question - Have you had a chance to fix yours with programming. i have the cable and all the software installed like INPA and NCS Expert. I can read the car data. Would like to know what to activate before I search through other websites or links.

If anyone has info or guidance, please help. Thanks in advance.
Hello -

Yes, I was successful - and it was super easy once I had everything working in NCS Expert. Just to simplify the process, all you need to do is "read" your current setup/ECU, and then you will code 5 modules (CAPPL, CAUDE, CGATE, CHOST and CTUNE. That is it - since you are making IDENTICAL, it is just a read/write for these five items. One last thing, my cables were an exact match, no issues there.

Hope this helps - sorry I don't have more materials, I am looking at my notes ... and they are not perfect ... but it did work.
DaveR
Old 09-01-2021, 10:11 AM
Members

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try this weekend. I also read about NCS Expert Dummy software. Will look into it as I heard its easy to read the codes using that.

Looks like the unit I got from eBay is a good CCC (finally as i got one bad unit from ebay also) as I got a working screen now and can access the menus. I see the navigation and entertainment all work except that none of them have any audio. I doubt that my amp is broken. Have to check the MOST network for the optical light at different points to confirm. I mostly think programming will solve.
The wires behind the CCC looks like it used analog wires for the audio where as mine is Logic 7. Also I see some options missing like CD changer and comfort seats.

I should be able to fix looking at the various articles i found to do the programming. How does one confirm what were the codes used in the original VO.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:18 AM
Members

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try this weekend. I also read about NCS Expert Dummy software. Will look into it as I heard its easy to read the codes using that.

Looks like the unit I got from eBay is a good CCC (finally as i got one bad unit from ebay also) as I got a working screen now and can access the menus. I see the navigation and entertainment all work except that none of them have any audio. I doubt that my amp is broken. Have to check the MOST network for the optical light at different points to confirm. I mostly think programming will solve.
The wires behind the CCC looks like it used analog wires for the audio where as mine is Logic 7. Also I see some options missing like CD changer and comfort seats.

I should be able to fix looking at the various articles i found to do the programming. How does one confirm what were the codes used in the original VO.
Hello,

I had similar issues - I have Logic 7, and it didn't have any sound (as it wasn't coded for the L7). Also, my air controls were messed up, much like what you are seeing. I thought my Ebay unit might be bad, but a quick "read" and "write for the 5 items" made it work PERFECTLY. If you need help after you try it, let me know. Glad to help.

DaveR

*** Remember, this is a VERY simple "read your chassis, write each module" - NO re-programming needed.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:25 AM
Members

Good news..finally I was able to re-program the CCC to use the Logic 7 as the audio output. Now the audio is working fine like chimes, mp3, fm radio, navi, etc.

It took a few tries to upload the program in all the 5 ECU as mentioned earlier. My VO was already coded fine as I had the L7 in the car already. In the Trace file for the 5 ECUs, I had to specify the audio as e60_top_hifi for multiple fields.. Not sure why but I had to push the program code multiple times and shutdown the system and restart and read back the ECU to confirm the new values stayed instead of the original values of just e60_hifi coming back again and again. Not sure if its some kind of memory that took a little longer to update or restart the car after programming each ECU was required to update.
Even after confirming the ECU was all programmed, the audio did not come up. I started to suspect if my Logic 7 amp had also gone bad. One more shutdown of the car system by removing the key and reinserting brought back the chimes in the car after almost 6 months . Now I knew that Logic 7 worked as the chimes audio was coming from the speakers. Again I re-checked the ECU trace files. Noticed some of the fields still had e60_hifi or e70_hifi (from the old car where the CCC was taken out) instead of e60_top_hifi. At this point i got more confident with my programming skills. Started fixing many values at different ECUs. Restarted the ignition and did a reboot of the CCC (volume and eject keys). And then magically the audio started working for the rest of the systems. I also managed to add some additional fields to the HUD like showing the Turn signal there, which is a cool bonus.

Any of the folks, need any help with understand the issues in CCC or fixing the CCC, ping me and I can help you. I am going to post another note in this forum and elsewhere to share my experience in details. Hopefully people will benefit. I surely got a lot of info from these places to fix issues in the car now and then.

Thanks @drosenth for your help.
The following users liked this post:
DLH525i2007 (11-20-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 06:47 AM
Members

Good news..finally I was able to re-program the CCC to use the Logic 7 as the audio output. Now the audio is working fine like chimes, mp3, fm radio, navi, etc.

It took a few tries to upload the program in all the 5 ECU as mentioned earlier. My VO was already coded fine as I had the L7 in the car already. In the Trace file for the 5 ECUs, I had to specify the audio as e60_top_hifi for multiple fields.. Not sure why but I had to push the program code multiple times and shutdown the system and restart and read back the ECU to confirm the new values stayed instead of the original values of just e60_hifi coming back again and again. Not sure if its some kind of memory that took a little longer to update or restart the car after programming each ECU was required to update.
Even after confirming the ECU was all programmed, the audio did not come up. I started to suspect if my Logic 7 amp had also gone bad. One more shutdown of the car system by removing the key and reinserting brought back the chimes in the car after almost 6 months . Now I knew that Logic 7 worked as the chimes audio was coming from the speakers. Again I re-checked the ECU trace files. Noticed some of the fields still had e60_hifi or e70_hifi (from the old car where the CCC was taken out) instead of e60_top_hifi. At this point i got more confident with my programming skills. Started fixing many values at different ECUs. Restarted the ignition and did a reboot of the CCC (volume and eject keys). And then magically the audio started working for the rest of the systems. I also managed to add some additional fields to the HUD like showing the Turn signal there, which is a cool bonus.

Any of the folks, need any help with understand the issues in CCC or fixing the CCC, ping me and I can help you. I am going to post another note in this forum and elsewhere to share my experience in details. Hopefully people will benefit. I surely got a lot of info from these places to fix issues in the car now and then.

GREAT NEWS!! Glad to help, and look forward to your complete post. This was a wild ride for me, and I am glad if I helped you even a small amount. I hope I never need to do it again, . Please provide me with a link to your complete post when ready - it will be great reference material.

Have a great weekend!! Success!!! .
DaveR
The following users liked this post:
DLH525i2007 (11-20-2021)
Old 10-15-2022, 12:23 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 330xi (e90)

Hi,
I know this thread is very old, but I was wondering if I could ask for a bit of help. I have pretty much the same issue on an E90 3-Series. I know there is bound to be some differences, but my situation is nearly identical to yours. My CCC wasn't working so I got a replacement and now everything except the audio works great. I have been trying to look at it within NCS Expert but I am getting VIN errors due to the CCC VIN and the car VIN not matching. I guess I was just wondering if you could provide some guidance. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2022, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Program VIN and factory code the CCC. These are not plug and play. Looks like it's been covered in this thread also what to do

Quick Reply: Need some help - replaced CCC, no sound (probably needs coded) - need some guidance