E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need some help...330i or 530i (stick shift unaval)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

Hi Gang,

I have been an active reader of this site for some time. I now need a little piece of mind.

Two days ago, I made a deal on the following...

530i.

6 speed maunal
Sport Pack
Premium pack
Premuim sound
Cold weather
Nav
Sat. Radio

Grand total of 56,540. Got a deal, did all the negotiating. I was happy with what I was getting. They told me they would locate the car and call me when they could find it. Today, 3 days later, still did not locate the car. Are they lying? and not teling me this car cannot be had, with out ordering from the factory. I am a bit frustrated, as my sales guy is nice, but can't seem to deliver the car they said they would be able to locate.

Even had another dealer look for me and explained my situtation. I cannot order the car, as I need it ASAP.

Do I have a better chance of finding a 330i with all these options (minus the beautiful heated steering wheel). As 3 series might be easier to get with a stick shift... What would you do, is it worth renting a car for 2 months to get te 530...so far dealer has not told me he has completelt exhausted the search, but it seems fishy...Time to look at the 330 or should I hold out for the 530?

Thanks,

JK
Old 09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jk479' date='Sep 30 2005, 08:07 PM
Hi Gang,

I have been an active reader of this site for some time.? I now need a little piece of mind.

Two days ago, I made a deal on the following...

530i.

6 speed maunal
Sport Pack
Premium pack
Premuim sound
Cold weather
Nav
Sat. Radio

Grand total of 56,540.? Got a deal, did all the negotiating.? I was happy with what I was getting.? They told me they would locate the car and call me when they could find it.? Today, 3 days later, still did not locate the car.? Are they lying?? and not teling me this car cannot be had, with out ordering from the factory.? I am a bit frustrated, as my sales guy is nice, but can't seem to deliver the car they said they would be able to locate.?

Even had another dealer look for me and explained my situtation.? I cannot order the car, as I need it ASAP.?

Do I have a better chance of finding a 330i with all these options (minus the beautiful heated steering wheel).? As 3 series might be easier to get with a stick shift...? What would you do, is it worth renting a car for 2 months to get te 530...so far dealer has not told me he has completelt exhausted the search, but it seems fishy...Time to look at the 330 or should I hold out for the 530?

Thanks,

JK
[snapback]177425[/snapback]
The 5 is worth waiting 2 months for. I waited 6months for mine. Was made a great offer on my E39 so I bought a 120i to keep me busy for 5 months. Good fun!

If you feel uncertain, drive a 5 for 1 day & then a 3 the next day.

Then remember to post the details of your new E60 order
Old 09-30-2005, 10:34 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

Does anyone know if a 6 speed manual 530i can be located on the east coast? I don't mind travelign for the car...I wonder...can it be this rare? The brochure even shows a stick shift interior!

I think the 5 is an excellent car...but... would love to get someone's knowledge of whehter or not a car with these options canbe located.

What about color...is silver a hard color to find with these options?

Would love to know the answers!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530i, white/beige, premiun package, clear bra, red rear reflectors

Yes, wait the two months, and no, they won't find a car like that.
I should have waited mysel the two months and order a 6spd. instead
I got an automatic (witch is not too bad), but nothin like having a manual,
all the cars I've driven for years have been Porsches and SL's.
Also do get the SPORT PACKAGE, whit out it this this 530i that I bought
gets too much of a body roll even on easy turns.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

The problem you risk is that they may have already allocated all their production slots - meaning that you may have to switch dealers to get your order submitted. I know that in the spring in the US, the dealer is bound by what hits the docks - that's it. See what they tell you about the wait time, and walk if it's over 2 months.

If you're a member at Costco, you can get pretty much the best deal in the US on the car. So don't feel like you're throwing away a position you've negotiated with this dealer.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jk479' date='Sep 30 2005, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know if a 6 speed manual 530i can be located on the east coast?? I don't mind travelign for the car...I wonder...can it be this rare?? The brochure even shows a stick shift interior!

I think the 5 is an excellent car...but... would love to get someone's knowledge of whehter or not a car with these options canbe located.

What about color...is silver a hard color to find with these options?

Would love to know the answers!
[snapback]177439[/snapback]
...you will not locate an E60 with a 6MT anywhere at this time because October is the first month of production for MY06...you should speak to your dealer about specing one for november delivery....

there is no comparision, imho, between the E60 and the E90, you have the ultimate sports luxury sedan in the E60 that is just beauiful, and an UGLY, unbelievably boring looking E90....WAIT, it shall be worth it
Old 09-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Members

hi gang,

You know what. I think I am going to wait and order the e60. I have the night to think about it, but it feels like the right thing to do.

I could get my hands on an e90 with sports ect...no nav, but I have a 330i, I wanted a change. I think this e60 will be the change I need in my life.

I will re think all the options, but i talked to a friend who is a car nut, and he told me to go with the toys, you'll love em. so i will.

As an aside, there was a 2005 545i in NJ that could have been taken, but it was 60 more a month, and no tellignwhat condition it was in...there were some miles on the car, and myheart was set on a 6 cylinder in the first place. Tempting, but it was not to be either.

Thanks again for your help..

Heres a question for you...is my current e46 330i faster or just as fast as an e60 530i... Would love to know if it is, as i have not been able to drive a stick 530 with the 255 hp.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

its reallyhard to get a 6 spd e60. I was asking for an smg when i ordered mine and they couldnt find it...luckily there is an e60 with stick in the lot and i got it and never regret it...i think its worth the wait..autos are really boring imo
Old 09-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

You're making the right choice in getting the E60! I also got the 6 speed manual and had to order it because they couldn't find one anywhere! As a matter of fact it was the first manual E60 that my sales guy had ever sold or seen!
Old 09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

My dealer was telling me a story that some guy ordered a manual E60 and then cancelled at the last minute. And he said they absolutely could not sell the car. Dealers are definitely not ordering manuals on their own. 95% of the time, a special order, I'd guess.

Quick Reply: Need some help...330i or 530i (stick shift unaval)