E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need some Feedback 2007 525i to 2010 Mazda 3 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 BMW 545iA ZSP, ZCW, HUD, Silvergrau

I own a Mazda5 which is based on the 3 which I use as a daily driver and although it lugs around an extra 300 lbs vrs the 3-5, I've been pleased with the handling and better than sticker fuel economy. No major problems so far with 100K mi on the odo.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Tell you what....

There is a tree of apples.... The apples on the top of the tree are much better than the lower ones, because the lower ones are less fresh, bugs eat them etc...

When you reach for the top apple and eat it, it feels good. Its harder to catch the top apples because they are higher, you have to climb on the tree higher to get them. Its easier to get the lower ones, but not same quality.

So... If you going from the top apple, to the bottom, it will be hard for you again to reach the top apples. So dont make a mistake... Think 101 times and on the 1st after the 100 make the cut ( If you know what I mean).

In my opinion Mazda, is just an amazing car it really is. As a fact, my friend owns a 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback sport, really cute car, and I really like the red lights interior.

But you are going down from a 525i...

Good luck both cars are amazing.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Move to the Mazda. That sounds like the smartest move. Come back to a BMW when you find the right one. Based on your experience with the 525, it'll only get worse.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Move to the Mazda. That sounds like the smartest move. Come back to a BMW when you find the right one. Based on your experience with the 525, it'll only get worse.
I drove the Mazda again yesterday. It was nice. Loved the nav. Color combo same as on my BMW. It has sirius, 6 disc, auto lights which are adaptive xenon, love the advanced key feature, dual auto climate, heated seats, rain sensing wipers- nice car. Only thing missing is homelink mirror with auto dimming. It can be added. I apologized to the sales person because I could not make a decision.
So I left there and took my BMW to the dealership to have the roundel in steering wheel replaced because they dented it and for them to repair the windvisor that comes up when the sunroof is opened. They just installed a new one. However, if the sunroof is closed and you shut a door the windvisor hits the sunroof and makes a metallic clanking noise. The service dept is not the best. The advisors are nice. However, I hesitate giving them anything lower than the highest score on surveys because they could retaliate passive aggressively.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Tell you what....

There is a tree of apples.... The apples on the top of the tree are much better than the lower ones, because the lower ones are less fresh, bugs eat them etc...

When you reach for the top apple and eat it, it feels good. Its harder to catch the top apples because they are higher, you have to climb on the tree higher to get them. Its easier to get the lower ones, but not same quality.

So... If you going from the top apple, to the bottom, it will be hard for you again to reach the top apples. So dont make a mistake... Think 101 times and on the 1st after the 100 make the cut ( If you know what I mean).

In my opinion Mazda, is just an amazing car it really is. As a fact, my friend owns a 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback sport, really cute car, and I really like the red lights interior.

But you are going down from a 525i...

Good luck both cars are amazing.
There is nothing wrong with buying a car that you like and can afford.
There is however something wrong with posing like you have it when really don't.
I would think much higher of the OP or anyone else if he buys what is in his budget then if he buys a BMW but cant really afford it.
There is a world of cars outside BMW that do very well and are more affordable.

OP, I would do a used Clubman, but GL with your purchase. The mazda is a solid car that will last and last.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Not a question of affording my BMW. It is paid for. I am just tired of the 1 hr drive to the dealer and some poor quality issues. Hopefully everything has been fixed and I can find someone locally to do maintenance. I do not want a car payment and with the economy the way is is I am shoveling everything into savings