E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need pricing advice for winter tire setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to put my 17" Style 138 wheels with Blizzak LM-25V tires and tire pressure sensors up for sale shortly (next day or two) but am uncertain what to ask for them.

I have run these tires for one season and probably put only about 1200 miles on them because I have been driving other cars quite a bit. They all have the sensors installed.

The manager at the STS tire shop said he would call them "almost new" based on their condition.

I would appreciate pricing advice before I post the for-sale advert.

Pictures below. One wheel has a tiny ding (visible in photo below); the others are ding-free.
Attached Thumbnails Need pricing advice for winter tire setup-dsc_0653__4___large_.jpg  
Old 01-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

Anyone?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

The rims, new, are roughly $330. You should have the price for the Blizzak tires. Four rims in that condition, I'd start asking maybe $900, would be more than $1,300 new. Tack on some number for the Blizzak tires and there's a starting point. But I really have no experience in selling used rims and tires so not sure my guess is valid. Stick them out there see what the response is, you can always move the price down but not back up...
Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Jonathan, did you do any searching in the private member classified section? There have been tons of people selling their winter setups (some with wheels, some without) so you might get an idea of pricing by looking at what's been sold here in the past.

You can do a search of just that forum and maybe use the keyword "winter" or something like that...
Old 01-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Contributors

Hi Jonathan!

You must feel pretty confident that winter is over Maybe it is ... But since some folks needing just what you're thinking about selling have already fitted up for snow the market-value will be lower than if you were selling these last November.

That said, given the "new" winter tires, TPMS installed, and a standard BMW wheel set-up in excellent condition, if it were me I'd open at $1500 + shipping and see what traffic you get.

GL!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='1096844' date='Jan 24 2010, 02:51 PM
Hi Jonathan!

You must feel pretty confident that winter is over Maybe it is ... But since some folks needing just what you're thinking about selling have already fitted up for snow the market-value will be lower than if you were selling these last November.

That said, given the "new" winter tires, TPMS installed, and a standard BMW wheel set-up in excellent condition, if it were me I'd open at $1500 + shipping and see what traffic you get.

GL!
You are forgetting about something big and blue that is coming into port soon.

The 550i will be gone, sadly enough, at month's end.

I think your opening figure is perfect - I will put my advert in. Danke !
Old 01-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1096762' date='Jan 24 2010, 12:18 PM
Jonathan, did you do any searching in the private member classified section? There have been tons of people selling their winter setups (some with wheels, some without) so you might get an idea of pricing by looking at what's been sold here in the past.

You can do a search of just that forum and maybe use the keyword "winter" or something like that...
Didn't mean to ignore your question, Rudy - I did try searching but, quite honestly, the search results that were returned were not helpful.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the input - ad is up https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=92798
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Contributors

servus,

selling winter tires at the end of the season can be a PITA... anytime in november and you would be getting some real money for the combo... if you could, i would sit out till october and then put them up for sale.. my 2 cents.

Gr??e...
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='1097384' date='Jan 25 2010, 04:10 AM
servus,

selling winter tires at the end of the season can be a PITA... anytime in november and you would be getting some real money for the combo... if you could, i would sit out till october and then put them up for sale.. my 2 cents.

Gr??e...
Servus, rsyed

I know - technically we're in the middle of the season but if no one is interested now, they will still be available later on.

Beste Gr??e aus New York

Quick Reply: Need pricing advice for winter tire setup