E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Legal help...SO FURIOUS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys

So I recently decided to buy PIAA fog light to better match my xenons. I did a search online and saw a couple places that had the PIAA 9006 4150k bulbs (4700k are easier to find) and ordered it from a dealer in California called http://silverimageracing.com

Anyways I ordered it december 13th and got the bulbs 2 weeks later, opened the box and they sent the wrong ones, it was the PIAA 4000k bulbs. So after a couple emails, I decided to send the bulbs back insured. They should have recieved it early this week. After several emails, they sent back 2 short replys. One said "too bad" the other email today said "I don't care, f**k off".

This really infuriated me. How could a business do this to me. They took $79.95 and now have gotten the bulbs back. I am out $79.95. I've already started an investigation through paypal (was how I originaly paid for it).

What are my other options at this time?

I'm so furious by their reply and how their treating me...the money is not that big deal

much thanks
Gene
Old 01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paypal is the way to go for now. Provide Paypal as much detail as you can.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='223103' date='Jan 12 2006, 04:41 AM
Paypal is the way to go for now. Provide Paypal as much detail as you can.

dont even bother, they were never able to get me my money back... try a county court ?
Old 01-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='223098' date='Jan 11 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys

So I recently decided to buy PIAA fog light to better match my xenons. I did a search online and saw a couple places that had the PIAA 9006 4150k bulbs (4700k are easier to find) and ordered it from a dealer in California called http://silverimageracing.com

Anyways I ordered it december 13th and got the bulbs 2 weeks later, opened the box and they sent the wrong ones, it was the PIAA 4000k bulbs. So after a couple emails, I decided to send the bulbs back insured. They should have recieved it early this week. After several emails, they sent back 2 short replys. One said "too bad" the other email today said "I don't care, f**k off".

This really infuriated me. How could a business do this to me. They took $79.95 and now have gotten the bulbs back. I am out $79.95. I've already started an investigation through paypal (was how I originaly paid for it).

I'm so furious by their reply and how their treating me...the money is not that big deal

much thanks
Gene
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

As far as I can tell you have 2 options.

1. Call the local division of the California Better Business Bureau.

2. Depending on method of payment, get your credit card company to reverse the charges (here's hoping you didnt' use Paypal ...). Make sure you save and submit all the correspondence to your credit card company.

Good luck ... just be happy it's only a nominal amount.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Bummer about your bad experience with these clowns. I know it won't help you now but one thing I learned a while ago was not to do any online business with companies that don't show telephone numbers and addresses on the website's "contact us" page. This particular site forces all contacts to use email which is simply not the safest way to resolve a problem or complaint.

Hopefully paypal will help you out. In the meantime, the following information might help you get in touch with a human being if you so desire:

Domain name: SILVERIMAGERACING.COM

Registrant Contact:
Silver Image Racing
Andy Barragan (silverimage3@hotmail.com)
+1.6265753161
Fax: +1.8183656399
551 Jessie St. #B
San Fernando, 91340
US

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='223098' date='Jan 11 2006, 10:26 PM
Hi Guys

much thanks
Gene
Paypal is on buyer's side. That's why so many sellers hate paypal. Make sure you have a tracking number of the item you sent back. Open a claim with paypal (very easy, the link is on the transaction). Provide detailed information and most importantly, a tracking number (proof of returning item). Let paypal do the stree work for you and you'll get your money back in less than a month, sometimes faster. Get your bulbs somewhere else and enjoy.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='223107
Hi Guys

much thanks
Gene

2. Depending on method of payment, get your credit card company to reverse the charges (here's hoping you didnt' use Paypal ...). Make sure you save and submit all the correspondence to your credit card company.

[/quote]
As ipse d implies, I think, don't pay before goods are received; use a credit card--making sure goods aren't billed before they are shipped. They can attack your credit rating, but you can win this battle assuming that the vendor is mistreating you.

And, in your emails, did you say anything that would cause the vendor to reply as he/she did? We have heard only part of, and only one side of, the story.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='223127
Originally Posted by 2004530i' post='223098' date='Jan 11 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Guys

much thanks
Gene

As ipse d implies, I think, don't pay before goods are received; use a credit card--making sure goods aren't billed before they are shipped. They can attack your credit rating, but you can win this battle assuming that the vendor is mistreating you.

And, in your emails, did you say anything that would cause the vendor to reply as he/she did? We have heard only part of, and only one side of, the story.
[/quote]

Actually, I misread the original post and did not realize that Paypal was used.

But even if that's the case (and I might be wrong because I am not a regular Paypal user), aren't Paypal funds funded usually by a credit card? If so, can't you still go through your credit card to seek some sort of remedy?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow thats just amazing... some businesses... Sheesh...
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='223109' date='Jan 11 2006, 10:47 PM
Bummer about your bad experience with these clowns. I know it won't help you now but one thing I learned a while ago was not to do any online business with companies that don't show telephone numbers and addresses on the website's "contact us" page. This particular site forces all contacts to use email which is simply not the safest way to resolve a problem or complaint.

Hopefully paypal will help you out. In the meantime, the following information might help you get in touch with a human being if you so desire:

Domain name: SILVERIMAGERACING.COM

Registrant Contact:
Silver Image Racing
Andy Barragan (silverimage3@hotmail.com)
+1.6265753161
Fax: +1.8183656399
551 Jessie St. #B
San Fernando, 91340
US

Good luck!
wow nice work Rudy! How did you score all that? You have the address now dude, just head down there with a baseball bat and some big guys wearing black leather trench coats, and you will have your money back I bet!

Quick Reply: Need Legal help...SO FURIOUS!!!!