E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help with my mod quest

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012 | 10:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i sport with 6spd manual

Hi all, Ok so I'm new here and I need help with a few things. First off I have a 2005 545i sport 6 speed in Olivin- Metallic paint. I don't know what the interior is but its black and a burnt orange. I would post a pic here but I don't know how. What I need help with is this. I want the following and don't know where the best place to get it. I want quality, not cheep crap.
#1- Miro 111 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear in black
#2- M5tec complete kit with fogs, to include the front splitter- and a good paint and body shop in Va.
#3- Carbon Fiber interior trim kit, NOT the plastic wrap.
#4- Some kind of exhaust that sounds good
#5- A short shift kit
#6- Complete LED interior light kit
#7- A really well built hood with vents- as close to OEM as I can get, as far as quality.
#8- Good quality Carbon-fiber Hood and trunk emblems- Black and silver

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this project?? Sorry its a long post, I just need help. Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to post pics on here I would appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2012 | 10:23 AM
Senior Members

On your #2 don't get the splitter for the m5tech, it will break TRUST ME on this one. My pic to the left shows my ride and how awsome it looked with it, until a month and half later of driving like a granny avoiding every speed bump/pothole/dead animal in the road until it broke off, what a pain in the ass it was.

And add matte black front grill to replace the ugly stock chrome one.
Old 03-08-2012 | 10:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

this thread is exactly why i am starting an online parts store lol

but until then, my humble suggestions below in (go!) Blue.

Originally Posted by Lethalphoenix
Hi all, Ok so I'm new here and I need help with a few things. First off I have a 2005 545i sport 6 speed in Olivin- Metallic paint. I don't know what the interior is but its black and a burnt orange. I would post a pic here but I don't know how. What I need help with is this. I want the following and don't know where the best place to get it. I want quality, not cheep crap.
#1- Miro 111 19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear in black
ive seen these all around the forum on sale used for cheap, you might want to go that route and have them power coated. otherwise check out the vendor classifieds section, a couple vendors sale full sets with wheels & tires for less than $2k
#2- M5tec complete kit with fogs, to include the front splitter- and a good paint and body shop in Va.
i would suggest you contact trinity for their kit....umitza sells this kit as well but i can attest that Trinity has very good (if not far superior) customer service...hit up nerweezy. paint & body shops, i cant help you there, but make sure whoever you take it to offers/recommends blending panels so it all looks right when installed
#3- Carbon Fiber interior trim kit, NOT the plastic wrap.
this is a touch one. one member recently took his enterior and sent it off to be refinished by a guy out in AZ....but i think he paid like $800....kinda steep for my taste. he has a thread though in the mods & accessories section. otherwise i would reconsider the wrap option or look on ebay. this is something im going to start doing once i source resin and carbon fiber cloth...should be fun!
#4- Some kind of exhaust that sounds good
almost everyone on here is an RPI fanboy (and for good reason) but i personally had SuperSprint on my 545i and LOVED it. there are members selling used exhaust systems on here so that might be a great way to go just be wary of the in-cabin exhaust note drone....
#5- A short shift kit
i have no idea lol....sorry....maybe try bimmian.com ?
#6- Complete LED interior light kit
many people swear by the LED interior kit offered by motrocepts....john (owner/employee?) is a member on here and can hook you up....i think there is also a thread in the vendor's classified section
#7- A really well built hood with vents- as close to OEM as I can get, as far as quality.
depends on what style you want....me personally i think im the first person to ever install the M3 style CF hood w/ vents & powerdome. check out my #operationV10 build thread in the M5 section of the site for pics. there is also the Vorsteiner style option....looks like ebay is the main place to buy these for now...but i hope to change that soon
#8- Good quality Carbon-fiber Hood and trunk emblems- Black and silver
to be honest....check out ebay
Can anyone point me in the right direction for this project?? Sorry its a long post, I just need help. Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to post pics on here I would appreciate it.
most of all, take your time. this list could easily come out to $5,000+ dollars so look around and make sure youre getting a good deal. good luck, ask questions and have fun. peace!

Old 03-08-2012 | 11:24 AM
Members

Ty for the reply. This is what it looks like so far.
Attached Thumbnails Need Help with my mod quest-bmw-2.jpg   Need Help with my mod quest-bmw-3.jpg   Need Help with my mod quest-bmw-4.jpg   Need Help with my mod quest-bmw-5.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012 | 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Looks good, Sepang Bronze is a fairly rare color One thing, please dump those taillights, the clear tails look like cheap crap on our cars.
Old 03-08-2012 | 04:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Looks good, Sepang Bronze is a fairly rare color One thing, please dump those taillights, the clear tails look like cheap crap on our cars.
I agree about the tail lights. Thats also in the direct sun light, they are smoked in any other light. I just wish they were a little darker.
Old 03-09-2012 | 08:43 AM
Senior Members

That style tail lights were cool when the first Fast and Furious came out... 11 years ago. In other words they need to go.
The rest of the car looks good, def. do the black/white or carbon fiber/white emblems next. http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-roundels-emblems.html sells some of the cheapest emblems i've found it's where I got mine.
Old 03-09-2012 | 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

if interested we do have our carbon fiber roundels in stock as well as our LED interior kits and other LED goodies. our replica M style parts are also well in stock and we are direct with Miro. as for exhaust, we are currently holding a limited time sale on all RPI exhausts which are complete bolt-on systems. let me know if I can help with anything
Old 03-09-2012 | 12:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
That style tail lights were cool when the first Fast and Furious came out... 11 years ago. In other words they need to go.
+1
Old 03-09-2012 | 01:28 PM
ddd
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 2008 M5

If you want "quality and not cheap crap", why don't you go with OEM M5 body parts? They should fit perfect.

rpi may be considered "quality and not cheap crap" by some on the M series cars, but it would be silly to consider getting their exhaust if you do not have an M car unless you like something about the rpi such as the looks and or the sound. rpi exhaust on the cars that are not M cars is synonymous with replica body parts if you ask me: a half ass-ed solution. There is at least one company that has done a great deal of engineering on exhausts for the 530 up to the 550 but their name escapes me at the moment. They provide exhaust parts that connect to the engine directly all the way to the rear tips, which has the potential to do more for performance than an exhaust by rpi that only improves the last few feet of the exhaust system lol.