E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to help my cousin in her car problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all, I would like to have some advice from you people. I have a cousin with whom I mostly go out in the city. She takes her car out most of the times but the trouble strikes when often she forgets the place where she parked the car. I usually remember but it so happens that I get down and she goes on to park it. She is just so engaged with her iPhone that she almost forgets where she get off and everything about the car. I need to take care of this problem and so I would need some advice from you people.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

You can press the alarm to find a car....I mean I dont know what kind of car it is...but she should be a little bit more..on earth and not folating around in spae somewhere and remember where the damn car is parked. Perhaps a pad and paper? Take a picture with IPHONE where it is. I use that camera to take pics of ar liense plates that are kind of close to me. If all else fails....smak her in the head and tell her remember where the car is parked. This is one of the oddest threads ive seen ...had to entertain it.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Don't let her drop you off and stay in the car until she parks it....or just park it yourself and drop her off first
Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

What? what kinda thread is this? Can I meet your cousin?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Don't let her park anymore. Problem solved. Next.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I have a GPS detection device in my car.
I call it with my cellphone and a couple seconds after I'll get a SMS with the location, speed, etc.

Those devices are not easy to install and cost >1K, plus monthly phone costs.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by skyses' post='711604' date='Nov 4 2008, 12:03 AM
Hello all, I would like to have some advice from you people. I have a cousin with whom I mostly go out in the city. She takes her car out most of the times but the trouble strikes when often she forgets the place where she parked the car. I usually remember but it so happens that I get down and she goes on to park it. She is just so engaged with her iPhone that she almost forgets where she get off and everything about the car. I need to take care of this problem and so I would need some advice from you people.

Any help will be appreciated.
Depending on her iPhone and the software it's running, she might be able to use the geotagging feature of the camera. In other words, after she parks her car, she uses the iPhone's camera to snap a picture of either the car or the location where it's parked. From there, the iPhone can add/save the GPS location coordinates to the photo automatically -- I'm not entirely sure what to do after that but I imagine there's a way for the phone to show those coordinates on a map, etc. so she can find her car later on...

I don't have an iPhone but according to many articles on the web, the geotagging feature was supposed to be added to the 2.0 software:
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/0...-20-to-in.html
Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

your cousin seems spacey.. on that note.. ill make sure not to park anywhere near her..lol.. at least not near my car.. she talks and drives, has no clue where shes going, doesnt remember where she parks? sounds like a recipe for disaster!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Contributors

It's not that bad, just remember that a clean conscience is often the result of a short memory!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

use the panic button, or have her take gingko biloba for memory gain supplement.

Quick Reply: Need to help my cousin in her car problem!