E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help DUNLOP SP SPORT in Canada!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi to all E60 owners in Canada,

Needed help.

In reference to "DUNLOP SP SPORT 01 DDST" RUN FLAT TIRES. My set is feathering and cupping, the dealer was not being helpful.

Did anyone successfully replace their defective tires with the new ones in Canada?

Any stories or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attached part of Si B from BMW NA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
SI B36 02 05 Wheels and Tires July 2005 Technical Service

SUBJECT
Noise and/or Vibration Caused by Irregular Tire Wear

MODEL
E60 (5 Series) equipped with Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST Run Flat Tires

SITUATION
Noise and/or vibration caused by irregular tire wear on Dunlop SP Sport 01 DSST Run Flat tires may be objectionable to some customers. Irregular tire wear may also be noted during a service visit.

CORRECTION
If this situation is detected based upon a customer complaint and/or during a service visit; and only if the tires have less than 20,000 miles, replace all four (4) tires.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Members

Same problem here. Dealership being a pain. Any insight?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Northernlight' date='Oct 15 2005, 02:37 PM
Hi to all E60 owners in Canada,

Needed help.

In reference to "DUNLOP SP SPORT 01 DDST" RUN FLAT TIRES. My set is feathering and cupping, the dealer was not being helpful.

Did anyone successfully replace their defective tires with the new ones in Canada?

Any stories or suggestions would be much appreciated.

[snapback]184673[/snapback]

Hi
I just had all my tires replaced under warranty in Toronto. I believe the dealer had to call Dunlop Canada for the tires.

I printed the TSB from this forum and showed it to the shop foreman (I went out with the shop foreman to let him hear the problem).

Good luck
Old 10-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Same problem here, only 12k on mine...

my dealer found the "bmw case" and phoned Goodyear (Dunlop) and the fight begins ... Goodyear said they would only go 50% cover, which is still $1700 Canadian for tires that have problems. :thumbsdown:

I'm phoning Goodyear myself tomorrow and my dealer is escalating with BMW Canada ...

I want new summers before I put my winter package only (which should be in the next couple of weeks) ... I'll keep the forum posted.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Members

As I am digging deeper, this is what I found:

There are a few Service Bulletin from BMWNA for this problem, they instruct all the dealers to replace all four tires under 20,000km on a complaint basis.

Many E60 owners in the States and some european countries got their tires replaced successfully for free from their dealers. There is 1 reported successful case in Montreal and a few more Canada, I have no clues as in where.

I heard some got them replaced 100% or 50% via Dunlop authorised tire dealers under the OE warranty (OE = Original Equipment").

My question are
1) Why owners in Canada are not treated equally? Does anyone know whether Service Bulletin (Si from BMWNA applies to Canada as well?

2) We did not pay BMW second class money for our bimmers, why are we being treated as second class citizens in Canada? Maybe we should start complaining loud and clear for our concerns to BMW Canada specially for those dealers not being helpful to their clients.

We all deserve better that this!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Northernlight' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:00 PM
As I am digging deeper, this is what I found:

There are a few Service Bulletin from BMWNA for this problem, they instruct all the dealers to replace all four tires under 20,000km on a complaint basis.

Many E60 owners in the States and some european countries got their tires replaced successfully for free from their dealers. There is 1 reported successful case in Montreal and a few more Canada, I have no clues as in where.

I heard some got them replaced 100% or 50% via Dunlop authorised tire dealers? under the OE warranty (OE = Original Equipment").

My question are
1) Why owners in Canada are not treated equally? Does anyone know whether Service Bulletin (Si from BMWNA applies to Canada as well?

2) We did not pay BMW second class money for our bimmers, why are we being treated as second class citizens in Canada? Maybe we should start complaining loud and clear for our concerns to BMW Canada specially for those dealers not being helpful to their clients.

We all deserve better that this!
[snapback]186007[/snapback]
To your #1 question, I called BMW Canada and asked them about recalls and TSBs pertaining to RF tires for the 545 and they told me there's a SIB360205. They wouldnt give me any details and said I should contact my dealer.

I think the RF tire problem is just beginning to show up in Canada and most dealers still dont know about it. I went to the highest volume service dealership in Toronto, and they seem to be familiar with the procedure. And they replaced all the tires without any fanfare.

Where are you located?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
Members

We're in Western Canada, unlike in the Central Canada, the Big "TO", they are not selling enough E60 with sport package to know what to do. Else, they are just simply too bloody lazy to do the work and thinking by hiding their heads in the sand the problem will go away.

I'll contact BMW Canada to get the latest. By the way, did you get yours done at BMW Toronto or Parkview BMW? Thanks for the advice.

You know what is funny too? I called the Dunlop Customer Service in US, the lady was very helpful, she said if you can arrange with a dealer and come down to the States, we'll be gladly to replace those tires for you in respect to the Si B 360205. Otherwise, you have to sort it out between Dunlop Canada and BMW Canada.

Stay tune, we'll be right back!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Members

I don't understand
Are the you saying that you can't simply take a print out of this Service Bulletin

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bullet...mp/B360205g.htm

and tell them to fix it?
Would they come back and say it doesn't apply for Canadians :'(
Old 10-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Northernlight' date='Oct 20 2005, 12:40 AM
I'll contact BMW Canada to get the latest. By the way, did you get yours done at BMW Toronto or Parkview BMW? Thanks for the advice.

Stay tune, we'll be right back!
[snapback]186428[/snapback]
I usually go to BMW Toronto for the more tricky work... software update, windshield replacement , door seals and this time - the tires. I think they're more experienced as they do about 90 cars a day!

I go to Parkview BMW for oil change. They are usually very quiet. Great customer service though.

If you are getting no where with your dealer... send me your email and I'll scan the work order showing the noisy tires were replaced under warranty.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I had 17000 Km's on them and just got them replaced yesterday. They were starting to get really loud and uncomfortable. My dealer send them to Dunlop directly and got four new "improved" ones. But my dealer is just a couple of Km's from Dunlop...

Quick Reply: Need help DUNLOP SP SPORT in Canada!!!