E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NEED HELP! Color Code Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by balbs
Actually

Attachment 135010

I remember looking into the paint of my car there's a Titanium Gray Metallic (don't recall the code) and Titanium Gray Metallic II.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
A36/7 is the code...
What I meant was there's a difference between Titanium Gray Metallic and Titanium Grey Metallic II.

https://5series.net/information/options/exterior/

I guess code it's code 892 for Titanium Gray 1 Metallic.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I paint. I disagree with you. So will any body shop and surely any BMW Authorized repair facility will too. Believe what you want.
I've used them all and they're all the same.
You're forgetting the most important thing...these are metallics and HOW you spray including how much PSI you use really does matter.
But don't take my word for it. Call your local BMW body shop and ask them.
No, the non factory processed paints are not all the same, unless they ARE an approved paint supplier and NOT all shops and BMW dealer have access to an approved repaired facility. Sure any dealer can tell you they are approved. When the car is repaired at the factory they don?t run out to the local NAPA and buy a qt of paint for the repair. They use an approved paint from an approved source. You can go buy a mixed can of R&M and another mixed at NAPA, and they won't match, therefore blending may or may not be needed.

You could also have an inexperienced person and they have to blend because of the needed process /technique to apply the paint and they may or may not be familiar with it. However, the paint should match IF they are from an approved supplier and mixed and applied correctly. Of course correctly applied metallic or non met (process). Not just air pressure effects this, but also distance, speed, temperature humidity, there are a lot of factors. Like I said in my post, "This procedure masks/hides the deficient paint and application process and makes it ?less? noticeable. Trust me, I have more experience with BMW paint than you could ever imagine! lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Trust me, I have more experience with BMW paint than you could ever imagine! lol.

Yes i believe it was you who once asked me for advice. so ok bro. believe and do what you want and i will do the same on my part.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Yes i believe it was you who once asked me for advice. so ok bro. believe and do what you want and i will do the same on my part.
Omg dude take a F'N breath! You need to come down to earth and not take it so personal when someone doesnt agree with you. I would tell you exactly about the paint situation but at this point it's irrelevant. You do offer good advice and seem to be very knowledgible but you just have to realize you may not always be correct...