E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 02:12 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: bmw 535i xDrive
Question Need help

Anyone know a good website I can buy a Exide Battery?
I have an 09 535 xDrive and the dealer is asking $442 to put it in, that's a bit more than I want to pay for a battery. Does anyone have one for sale or can guide me to where to find one thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Where To Buy Exide Batteries
Old 12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Go to autozone and get the exact battery you gave in your car for around 150 with a seven year warranty. Check your ca CCA on yours and ask for the same. Unless they corrected it, their site will say something different but ask for the one that you have. Register it at an Indy shop or not. The way I look at it is, if it fails prematurely because you didn't register it so what, go get a new one from AZ...
Old 12-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07 550i Sports Package
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Go to autozone and get the exact battery you gave in your car for around 150 with a seven year warranty. Check your ca CCA on yours and ask for the same. Unless they corrected it, their site will say something different but ask for the one that you have. Register it at an Indy shop or not. The way I look at it is, if it fails prematurely because you didn't register it so what, go get a new one from AZ...

I got a battery from autozone about two years ago, I didn't register the battery. I had a major electrical malfunction hours later, idrive, fan running full speed and wipers going full speed. I parked the car over night disconnected the battery and the car has been good ever since.

My point, I don't know if you have to register the battery but do it just because. Also the AutoZone batteries are just as good
Old 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Gee_115
I got a battery from autozone about two years ago, I didn't register the battery. I had a major electrical malfunction hours later, idrive, fan running full speed and wipers going full speed. I parked the car over night disconnected the battery and the car has been good ever since.

My point, I don't know if you have to register the battery but do it just because. Also the AutoZone batteries are just as good
Thats the strange part. There have been a few that have had some issues. When I was searching for mine the advise I was given was to replace it with the EXACT rating, not one that is close, but the exact. I went to Advance and they see them, but they numbers compared to mine were just a little different, the same at AZ based on what their system says. When I told him this is what I need, he went to the back and brought it out. Perhaps their system has been corrected, not sure.