E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Retrofit.....Impossible they say

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone

When i first purchased my bmw a few months ago i wasn't able to get it with navi. After a few calls to different bmw shops as well as indy shops and hearing answers from it's impossible to $3000-4000 quotes i turned to my forum members (which i should've done in the first place). Thanks to all the forum members and their posts and pm, i was able to do what they say coudln't be done . I brought it to one of the dealerships that actually told me it couldn't be done and one he looked at it he was speechless than he saw the cic controller and was like . He said he didn't think it was possible and now he can't tell others its not possible he was even asking how i did it.
So thanks 5 series members, lets continue proving them wrong.
shout out to ( simon aka. nomis, tex_phil, locomotivebart, Blood, umichchris, and Georgieb for all the extra help)
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525 i sport/navi

how funny, i was just looking for an answer to an issue about navi. im in the market on buying a 535 soon, but only found a 528 w/ o navi. i for one dislike the small screen and was hoping to find sum answers on how to retrofit it, so please if u dont mind, PM or share the steps, cost, and how easy/dificult it was. thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Monaco Blue 535i Sport/Premium Package

pics or it didn't happen.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Members
Senior Members

Glad to hear you got it all straightened out. My dealer as well said it was impossible, they even tried to code it for me but their computer insisted that they replace the CCC. A little research, some help and advice from members, and I, like you, had a perfectly functional nav retrofit.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by viper1213
Hey everyone

When i first purchased my bmw a few months ago i wasn't able to get it with navi. After a few calls to different bmw shops as well as indy shops and hearing answers from it's impossible to $3000-4000 quotes i turned to my forum members (which i should've done in the first place). Thanks to all the forum members and their posts and pm, i was able to do what they say coudln't be done . I brought it to one of the dealerships that actually told me it couldn't be done and one he looked at it he was speechless than he saw the cic controller and was like . He said he didn't think it was possible and now he can't tell others its not possible he was even asking how i did it.
So thanks 5 series members, lets continue proving them wrong.
shout out to ( simon aka. nomis, tex_phil, locomotivebart, Blood, umichchris, and Georgieb for all the extra help)
Looking forward to seeing your how-to thread.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Just shows you how a bit of thought and perseverance pays off.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:03 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

viper1213, would you please elaborate on how you did it? Thanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545i sport
Model Year: 2004

The dealers will tell you it is impossible because they do not have a BMW authorized method for doing the retrofit (i.e. a kit with coding instructions). Nothing is impossible, just takes time, research, money, and desire. I was the pioneering person in the USA for retrofitting bluetooth in the E38 7-series (when bluetooth was new to any BMW vehicle) using 100% BMW parts. Of course, BMW said impossible. But, in the end it was rather simple. Congratulations on your retrofit.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

congrats again Victor, i am consumed with jealousy. i on the other hand failed miserably and have a CCC Nav Unit, Screen and CiC controller for sale...

the install and retrofit was one of the most fun things ive ever done to my car. it looked professional and when i took it to the dealer the shop tech thought it was original build, until he was asked to code it (and failed to do so).

dah well, win some, you lose some.

congrats again tho!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

When I did my SA430 mirrors, I got laughed at my local dealership when I asked them for advice. I was the one laughing when I took it back to show them I had done it.

Quick Reply: Navigation Retrofit.....Impossible they say