E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Navigation in perspective mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

Originally Posted by retroK' post='234150' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:06 AM
POIs become active when you navigate to a POI.
Its difficult for me to describe in english but I'll try.
You have to enter a new navigation target, select Information - Current Location? and select a POI from the list.
Then you will see the selected type (e.g. restaurants) as POIs on the map.

Hope that was understandable :-)
So you cannot have POI displayed without entering a destination? For example on my other vehicles, I like having all the gas stations up on the screen at all times for my wife. Is this possible on the E60?
Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by retroK' post='234150' date='Feb 3 2006, 12:06 PM
You have to enter a new navigation target, select Information - Current Location? and select a POI from the list.

Perfect I would have no clue to get this into German
Old 02-03-2006, 08:17 AM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='234152

So you cannot have POI displayed without entering a destination? For example on my other vehicles, I like having all the gas stations up on the screen at all times for my wife. Is this possible on the E60?
[/quote]

Am sure it is possible
Old 02-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by IMU' post='234158
Originally Posted by retroK' post='234150' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:06 AM

Am sure it is possible
[/quote]
Anyone know how?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='234231
Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='234152' date='Feb 3 2006, 05:09 PM
[quote name='retroK' post='234150' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:06 AM']

Am sure it is possible
[/quote]
Anyone know how?
[/quote]
You need to set the display for the Current Location.

When you go into the Information menu, you will see a choice for "Current Location" and "Destination". Choose 'Current Location".
Old 02-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Sorry to be a pain, but i've just spent 30mins outside in the cold trying to get POI's on my Prof Nav, following the posts on this thread & it just aint happening. Read the entire Navigation section of the manual & nothing in their.

Please could someone give step by step instructions from the initial i-drive menu screen on how to activate POI's permanently on my nav??

I'm now thinking that i've either got an out of date DVD (its 2005/02) or this is not a feature of Nav in the UK, or it will only work when i get V20 applied in a week or something else?

Cheers in advance.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by w8pmc' post='234327' date='Feb 3 2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry to be a pain, but i've just spent 30mins outside in the cold trying to get POI's on my Prof Nav, following the posts on this thread & it just aint happening. Read the entire Navigation section of the manual & nothing in their.

Please could someone give step by step instructions from the initial i-drive menu screen on how to activate POI's permanently on my nav??

I'm now thinking that i've either got an out of date DVD (its 2005/02) or this is not a feature of Nav in the UK, or it will only work when i get V20 applied in a week or something else?

Cheers in advance.

I will try, sorry for my very bad english.

1) On main menu iDrive push towards navigation (right) the idrive button.
2) you will enter navigation menu (you can do the same by voice command, but I do this with italian )
3) push down Idrive wheel (down means towards rear not pushing towards floor)
4) select (pushing toward floor) any location
5) not push to set autopilot but scroll (rotate idrive button) till information field is highlighted then select it (pushing)
6) you will enter in the world of POI, select POI of your interest.
7) Almost finished, push menu button , select again navigation, select view map north or sense of going
8) in the left row of symbol you can see i (information) with a cross bar or free.
9) if it is free You have terminated and you can see all POI both on left big map, both on right little map
10) if i is crossed scroll to the i and push to toggle
When you switch off the car please take care that, on next switching on, you have to toggle again the crossed i to show again last kind of POI you have choosen.

Hoping that will help.

P.S I know very well the matter cause I worked a lot on POI to add special ....custom POI

Old 02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Members

I was able to add POI display to my nav screen...thanks for the instructions....however, I have a couple of other questions.

1. Is it possible to display more than 1 type of POI at a time. For example, on my other vehicles, I can have gas stations and restaurants shown at the same time.

2. I like seeing gas stations on the screen, however each time I shut down the car and re-start the car, the POI display disappears and I have to go through iDrive to bring back the gas station POI. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='235745
2. I like seeing gas stations on the screen, however each time I shut down the car and re-start the car, the POI display disappears and I have to go through iDrive to bring back the gas station POI. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Normal, default on startup is no symbol.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ricky' post='235780
1. Is it possible to display more than 1 type of POI at a time. For example, on my other vehicles, I can have gas stations and restaurants shown at the same time.
No.

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='235745' date='Feb 6 2006, 08:20 PM
Normal, default on startup is no symbol.
[/quote]
Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Navigation in perspective mode