E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

I go to Map Quest to get directions to 1870 Griffin Road Fort Lauderdale,Fla. and the directions come up fine. I program it into the Nav System and it willnot come up.What am I doing wrong?? TIA
cheers
vern
Old 06-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Senior Members

It depends on what you get as a problem. If you are NJ and you program in a location in FL, I've had difficulties with a long distance like that needing a while to do all the calculations before it is ready to display it.

You could have other difficulties like needing to know if the address is truly in Fort Lauderdale proper or if it is actually in some other municipality. I've had this issue come up when a road passes through multiple cities, etc and the actual house number is technically in another area, that the nav system won't accept since that number might technically be in the adjacent municipality.

Also, you must assume that it is not a new address that your data disc doesn't have on it yet....
Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:44 PM
It depends on what you get as a problem. If you are NJ and you program in a location in FL, I've had difficulties with a long distance like that needing a while to do all the calculations before it is ready to display it.

You could have other difficulties like needing to know if the address is truly in Fort Lauderdale proper or if it is actually in some other municipality. I've had this issue come up when a road passes through multiple cities, etc and the actual house number is technically in another area, that the nav system won't accept since that number might technically be in the adjacent municipality.

Also, you must assume that it is not a new address that your data disc doesn't have on it yet....
[snapback]142567[/snapback]
Thanks Now I'm have another problem. When I turn on the key to the second position to program in the Nav and accept comes up on the screen and I press the controler nothing happens and I can't turn on on the radio.
vern
Old 06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vern' date='Jun 23 2005, 07:12 PM
[quote name='gdavis' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:44 PM']It depends on what you get as a problem. If you are NJ and you program in a location in FL, I've had difficulties with a long distance like that needing a while to do all the calculations before it is ready to display it.

Thanks Now I'm have another problem. When I turn on the key to the second position to program in the Nav and accept comes up on the screen and I press the controler nothing happens and I can't turn on on the radio.
vern
[snapback]142575[/snapback]
[/quote]
I remembered reading a post awhile ago that if you have problems like this or something simular try your other key,well it worked for me and everthing is back to normal but I still can't program in that Fla. address
vern
Old 06-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

If it continues to misbehave, take it in and have them check it out, it may jsut need to have the software reloaded and updated.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jun 23 2005, 06:44 PM

I finally got the address programed in.It was technically in another area.Thanks again
cheers
vern
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

if its available to you, try inputting the ZIP code ... much easier than the damn city ... down here when i input, sometimes the addresses are not in city limits, so they come up by county/other city ... zip code is easier that way.

you just input it into the CITY field ... if you are in it, scroll allll the way to the end/right .... & hit the number.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

Yes, it's a computer, and has no idea what you want to actually do.

I went to Disneyland Paris for Christmas. But it's not actually in Paris, and it wouldn't accept the locality of the actual address. Eventually got it programmed, by searching for hotels. Got me right to the front door in the end, but it does take more effort that it really should.

I wonder if you guys can simply punch in Orlando, and then find WDW. It's probably technically not Orlando

It would be nice if it showed you the localities around a city/town, so you cuold get an idea of perhaps which one to choose.