E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Nav retrofit straight answers please

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My problem is that where it plugs into the CCC, all I have are the pins sticking out. The plastic blank plug listed in the retrofit kit is not there. Or I'm looking at it wrong. Any chance anyone has a pic of where it should go?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Nocrapplease

Originally Posted by locomotiveBart
My problem is that where it plugs into the CCC, all I have are the pins sticking out. The plastic blank plug listed in the retrofit kit is not there. Or I'm looking at it wrong. Any chance anyone has a pic of where it should go?
for the fan cable contact Tim @ http://www.individual-cars.com/en/home.html

for pictures have a look here http://www.bmwretrofit.com/forums/vi...f1053a602dc80b
Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Members
Senior Members

Well it is in and working, with a few issues.
1. My phone recognizes the car but the idrive says no mobile phone connected.
2. The heated seat distribution page is gone (not that i ever used it)
3. The display is in english but it speaks german.
4. Shows "DVD DRIVE" in entertainment but it can not be selected, not sure what thats even for. Radio, cd, and ipod interface all work fine.
I'm sure theres more but i'm exhausted. I waited an hour for the fan to come on but the CCC never even got warm so I gave up and put it all together. Now I need to find the right trim piece but am unsure about the color choices on realoem.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

4. Shows "DVD DRIVE" in entertainment but it can not be selected, not sure what thats even for. Radio, cd, and ipod interface all work fine.
I'm sure theres more but i'm exhausted. I waited an hour for the fan to come on but the CCC never even got warm so I gave up and put it all together. Now I need to find the right trim piece but am unsure about the color choices on realoem.
The CCC wil need coding to you vehicle order in order for it to function properly.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

what color code is your interior and what wood do you have?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

Not sure. The interior is black and the trim is dark wood. I'm thinking about just getting the trim piece without wood as it looks like mine is 3 times the price for a piece of wood you can't really even see. Looking on realoem, I think I would be good with part 15 in schwarz. Correct?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

correct. the titanium II one is metal-looking plastic (like the shift knob accents) which looks nice too, and is the same price as the regular plastic ones. schwartz is black. I got the M5 leather one and I love it but it was much more than the plastic ones.

black/titanium is 51456951041
plain black is 51457063152
black leather is 51167906374
Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Well, with great help from a forum member, I successfully coded my car tonight (been out of the country so the whole process was on hold for a while) and everything is working perfectly (with the exception of my iPod retrofit which will be fixed soon). The number of options in ncsexpert are amazing and I'm sure I will be playing with them for quite a while. To those afraid to get inside your cars brain and have fun, it's not hard at all once you get the software set up and working correctly. I still can't seem to find then line of code that turns my car in to an M5 but when I do I will let you know
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by 545felix
correct. the titanium II one is metal-looking plastic (like the shift knob accents) which looks nice too, and is the same price as the regular plastic ones. schwartz is black. I got the M5 leather one and I love it but it was much more than the plastic ones.

black/titanium is 51456951041
plain black is 51457063152
black leather is 51167906374
How did you order an individual part?, the black leather trim is listed for cars with SA940 only. I tried to get an individual selector lever boot and my local dealer refused to order it because my car did not have SA940.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

iPod is working. Retrofit is now 100% complete.

Quick Reply: Nav retrofit straight answers please