E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Nav question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Silver/Gray, Steptronic, Nav, Logic 7, Active Steering, Aux In, Hardwired V-1.

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I just purchased a CPO 2004 545i about a month ago. I've been trolling the site and learning lots. Thanks for all the great information.

I used the search funtion, but I couldn't find an answer to this problem.

I just started using the Navigation on the car and something happened. While playing with it i managed to put a "circle" around the arrow which represents my car. I've read the manual and checked this site, but I can't find an answer on how to get rid of the circle. The circle wasn't there before but I'm sure I did it while playing with the nav. I find it kind of annoying and would like to go back to just the arrow with no circle around it.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 10-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 525iA Build 2004/08. "Safirschwartz Metallic". Navi Pro, Adaptive Headlights, Bi-Xenon, Panorama Sunroof etc... CIP 18.00.01 (No noticed bug)

I have the circle too (but it doesn't bother me). Haven't seen the arrow without the circle. Are you sure you got it circle-less?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver/Gray, Steptronic, Nav, Logic 7, Active Steering, Aux In, Hardwired V-1.

Originally Posted by stafli' date='Oct 10 2005, 02:18 PM
I have the circle too (but it doesn't bother me). Haven't seen the arrow without the circle. Are you sure you got it circle-less?
[snapback]182244[/snapback]
Yeah, It was just the arrow at first. After I started playing with it, I got the circle. Can't get rid of the circle. Also, checking with the dealer. Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Red
Members

My Ride: MY06 530i, US Spec, Premium, Nav, HUD, Comfort seats, CWP, Sport package, Rear side airbags. Produced Sep 06.

I've also seen the circle in my 530, but not all the time.

In my Garmin portable GPS unit, the circle indicates the GPS can't pinpoint its location, so it depicts a circle of probably position. Are you next to a building or high rise (or other horizon obstruction) while observing the circle?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Red' date='Oct 10 2005, 02:33 PM
I've also seen the circle in my 530, but not all the time.

In my Garmin portable GPS unit, the circle indicates the GPS can't pinpoint its location, so it depicts a circle of probably position.? Are you next to a building or high rise (or other horizon obstruction) while observing the circle?
[snapback]182255[/snapback]
Thanks for the input Red. I'm not around any building or anything like that. I'm in open areas. I've seen the navigation with the arrow only when it was the sub screen on the right hand side of the monitor while listening to music. Since I started messing with it, I've noticed the circle around the arrow. That's why I assumed it was something I did. Thanks again for the input.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

i've always had the circle around the arrow.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Members

I've had the circle always too. In fact, most sat nav has it, even Mercedes :'( . I think it helps to show the blue arrow against various colour backgrounds.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by Brutus' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:42 PM
First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I just purchased a CPO 2004 545i about a month ago. I've been trolling the site and learning lots. Thanks for all the great information.

I used the search funtion, but I couldn't find an answer to this problem.

I just started using the Navigation on the car and something happened. While playing with it i managed to put a "circle" around the arrow which represents my car. I've read the manual and checked this site, but I can't find an answer on how to get rid of the circle. The circle wasn't there before but I'm sure I did it while playing with the nav. I find it kind of annoying and would like to go back to just the arrow with no circle around it.

Thanks again for the help!?
[snapback]182224[/snapback]
This is the standard display. As far as I can determine there is no way to change it. On my Wife's MDX, it too shows the current vehicle position if you touch the circle.

Enjoy your new ride, and moreover enjoy this site, as it is full of nice informative people from all over the world.

Joe
Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I've always had the circle, on this and other cars--it's so you can easily locate your current position.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:16 AM
SDS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

one more for the circle - mine has always had it too and has not bothered me yet.

Quick Reply: Nav question