E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav DVD Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I've just gotten my car back from getting CIP 20.01 or something installed, and noticed that my nav didn't work. At first, I thought maybe the guy doing the upgrade just ejected it and forgot to put it back in. Since it was a Backup of the original, I thought Oh well, and just burned another copy from the original.

Turns out, I think the DVD is in the DVD player. I can't eject it. Any ideas? If the car has to go back in for service, are they going to charge me since it was my backup of the nav disk and not the original?

james
Old 03-07-2006, 03:59 PM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

I think they will just change the unit at no charge to you of course.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i PDC / ADAPTIVE XENON HEDLIGHTS /FOLD DOWN REAR SEATS / NAV / PREMIUM / COLD WEATHER / EURO REFLECTORS /STAGGERED CHROMED 124S / PIAA 4700K FOGS / BLUETOOTH RETROFIT / REAR WOODED LIGHTER PANEL/MP3 RETROFIT

I have had discs get stuck in the drive before,I would wait for the car to go into sleep mode (about 15 mins after key is removed) and try again and it came out. What program did you use to make the backup
Old 03-07-2006, 11:21 PM
Senior Members

At my old dealer in Sweden they told me that one E60 had the same error because he had used a copy disc, so BMW's warrenty didn't pay for it!!!

Let's hope they lied to me, so I would by original disc from them...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Members

try holding the eject button for 10 seconds.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

I have a friend at the BMW dealership from whom i once asked him to arrange a copy of the NAV CD.

He informed me that there was incidents where copies get stuck in the CD/DVD player and of it happens the warranty will not cover and that they need to change the player for something like $3000

Good Luck
Old 03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

I believe the main issue with back-ups or copied DVDs is the quality of the blank DVD media. Cheap/inexpensive blank media, cause issues as they will warp over time - especially in the interior of a car that may get pretty hot. If the disc is stuck because the media is somehow warped or defective, I would safely assume that the dealer will charge to repair or replace the unit.

However, on most media drives - there should be a fail-safe eject mechanism. Usually it looks like a pin hole that you can stick a pick or paper clip into to manually/mechanically eject the media (i.e. like most computer CD/DVD drives). On the E60 the pin hole eject mechanism may be hidden behind the trim.

Good luck and keep us informed on how your issue is resolved and on what actually caused it.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

hey guys
My backup nav DVD would not come out either. I read a suggestion on this post to let the car go into sleep mode for 15 minutes after turning it off and it worked for me. It happened to be about a half hour or so when I looked on the clock, and I decided to give it a try. I turned the car on and pressed eject immediately and bam, it came out. I think I will stick to the original from now on! Thanks guys.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530D M Sport E60, media pack, bluetooth, pro nav system

hmmmm I have a copy disc also, but it's never got stuck, but on a couple of occasions its said that 'I had to install my nav disc as one was not present' even tho the disc was there
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

What brand disc and what program did you use to burn it?

Originally Posted by wickster' post='915007' date='Jun 17 2009, 08:01 PM
hmmmm I have a copy disc also, but it's never got stuck, but on a couple of occasions its said that 'I had to install my nav disc as one was not present' even tho the disc was there

Quick Reply: Nav DVD Stuck