E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NAV Disc with Speed Cameras?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by YeeeHaa
Mookish,

2011 disc? Slap it on "Argh Me Hearties" bay and give us the link and it'll be much appreciated
I have the east/west 2010 DVD's w/speed and red light cameras. Copies. But once you stick it in the drive, who cares? Wanna pay an additional $100 for a BMW DVD label? I think not. Anyway, I don't have any links, all I have are hard copies.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by YeeeHaa
Mookish,

2011 disc? Slap it on "Argh Me Hearties" bay and give us the link and it'll be much appreciated
The address I posted earlier is for the 2011 discs.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

So you pay and then download? Or they ship you a DVD?

Originally Posted by ProMed
I picked mine up from bmwnavigationmaps.com
Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Moopai
So you pay and then download? Or they ship you a DVD?
DVD shipped.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Any differences between 2010 and 2011 other than adding more streets on the map???

DVD shipped.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Moopai
Any differences between 2010 and 2011 other than adding more streets on the map???
Not sure, the map I replaced was a 2008 or 2009.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by SuperBomberMan
I popped in the new nav disc which I wont go into details on where I got it from, and it worked fine. Did not have to do any firmware updates or anything. Shows red light and speed camera icons on my map display
Is it possible to have the map show the speed camera locations without using a destination? Can't figure out how to get them on the map. I find them on the nav menue and run the search but from there I'm lost.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Contributors

I can only say so far that the disc "works" as far as navigation goes. No traffic cameras or any significant traffic in my area to test that out yet. It did have all the roads for my one year old neighborhood which was nice.
Update: Twice today my dvd from bmwnavigationmaps.com didn't load up after starting the car. First time I ejected and reloaded the disc, second time I had to do this twice. I've only had this dvd for around a week, no scratches.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

It's probably the way they burned the image on the disk. Whenever you make a copy of these map disks, you should burn the DVD at the lowest speed possible. I typically use Verbatim DVD+R with no issues at all. Get them to burn a second copy for you.

Update: Twice today my dvd from bmwnavigationmaps.com didn't load up after starting the car. First time I ejected and reloaded the disc, second time I had to do this twice. I've only had this dvd for around a week, no scratches.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:01 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by jramn
Is it possible to have the map show the speed camera locations without using a destination? Can't figure out how to get them on the map. I find them on the nav menue and run the search but from there I'm lost.
Yes there is. After you are done searching for the speed cameras, go back to the Map View. The speed cameras will be displayed as icons on the map when you pass them. Great feature IMHO. http://www.bmwnavigationmaps.com guys are very knowledgeable and very quick to get back to me. I wish all companies had such excellent customer service. I bought DVDs form these guys for both my bimmers.

Quick Reply: NAV Disc with Speed Cameras?