E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NA Nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

Call me stupid, but after having my car for over two months here in Canada, I finally found the information button on the NAV display. This is the feature that shows you where the closest restaurants, hospitals, pharmacies, banks, shops etc. are from your destination or location.

When I test drove an Acura I thought this was one of the coolest features.

I thought the BMW Nav (in Canada, at least) only got you from point A to point B. The funny thing was, when I picked up my car, the salesman told my BMW doesn't have the information feature yet.

Anyway, it does make the Navigation a lot better. I can find my closest bank branch from any location, and it also tells me the closest gas stations, etc.

I now feel I got my money's worth.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:18 AM
Call me stupid, but after having my car for over two months here in Canada, I finally found the information button on the NAV display.? This is the feature that shows you where the closest restaurants, hospitals, pharmacies, banks, shops etc. are from your destination or location.

I thought the BMW Nav (in Canada, at least) only got you from point A to point B.? The funny thing was, when I picked up my car, the salesman told my BMW doesn't have the information feature yet.

Anyway, it does make the Navigation a lot better.? I can find my closest bank branch from any location, and it also tells me the closest gas stations, etc.?

[snapback]95628[/snapback]
Where is the button????
Old 03-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I stand corrected. It is not a button per se, but a menu selection in i-drive. You click on destination, and then you can click on information on the I-drive menu.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by KenTO' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:18 AM
Call me stupid, but after having my car for over two months here in Canada, I finally found the information button on the NAV display.? This is the feature that shows you where the closest restaurants, hospitals, pharmacies, banks, shops etc. are from your destination or location.

I thought the BMW Nav (in Canada, at least) only got you from point A to point B.? The funny thing was, when I picked up my car, the salesman told my BMW doesn't have the information feature yet.

Anyway, it does make the Navigation a lot better.? I can find my closest bank branch from any location, and it also tells me the closest gas stations, etc.?

[snapback]95628[/snapback]
I didn't see Blue Tooth mentioned in your signature, but if you do have it you can select a resturant or hotel through sat nav and then phone the place directly through BT to book etc. Very impressive system
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 1 2005, 12:25 PM
I didn't see Blue Tooth mentioned in your signature, but if you do have it you can select a resturant or hotel through sat nav and then phone the place directly through BT to book etc. Very impressive system
[snapback]95650[/snapback]
Another helpful hint. Sometimes you don't want to call the restaurant or hotel but you want to know the phone number for whatever reason. You can select "call" then quickly hang up. Once you do that, the number will be displayed on the redial list...