E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my530 - refreshed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black/Black 2004 530i w/ Premium & Sport Pkgs.

Originally Posted by KnIgHtCoM' post='509054' date='Dec 21 2007, 01:14 AM
No, the trunk finisher covers the keyhole and make the rear lines of the trunk flush. Here's what it looks like: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=482108

Car's looking sharp Kuchar. Keep it up with the mods!

P.S. 1000th post!
Wow I totally overlooked that. I gotta admit that does give the rear of the car a nice "finish" ha! Where can I buy one?

Congrats on 10k posts too! That's a lot of participation on the board!

For anyone interested, here are the eBay sellers I bought from:
Black grilles: Good Stuff 4 U http://stores.ebay.com/GoodStuffs4U0904
Rear spoiler: Lotarev Automotive http://stores.ebay.com/Lotarev-Automotive
Rims: OE Wheels http://stores.ebay.com/O-E-Wheels

I'll post the body shop info as soon as I find their card or the invoice. I forgot to mention that they also repainted the hood & fenders to get rid of all the stone chips, etc I inherited. Now for a clear bra & I know just the place too!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Kuchar' post='509126' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:17 AM
Wow I totally overlooked that. I gotta admit that does give the rear of the car a nice "finish" ha! Where can I buy one?

Congrats on 10k posts too! That's a lot of participation on the board!

For anyone interested, here are the eBay sellers I bought from:
Black grilles: Good Stuff 4 U http://stores.ebay.com/GoodStuffs4U0904
Rear spoiler: Lotarev Automotive http://stores.ebay.com/Lotarev-Automotive
Rims: OE Wheels http://stores.ebay.com/O-E-Wheels

I'll post the body shop info as soon as I find their card or the invoice. I forgot to mention that they also repainted the hood & fenders to get rid of all the stone chips, etc I inherited. Now for a clear bra & I know just the place too!
I love the Hamann lip. I wish I Can get it, but I know it'll get scrapped off here in NYC.

And yes, get the trunk finisher! call Garry from BMW Newport. He'll hook you up with the part.

Question, how come you didnt get side skirts?

I have a similar setup, front Mtech bumper and rear M5 bumper. I just never liked the side skirts.

Congrats on the mods, and keep them coming (m5 mirrors, trunk finisher, Quad diffuser).... it just goes on and on and on.

MK
Old 12-21-2007, 06:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='509133' date='Dec 21 2007, 08:49 AM
I love the Hamann lip. I wish I Can get it, but I know it'll get scrapped off here in NYC.

And yes, get the trunk finisher! call Garry from BMW Newport. He'll hook you up with the part.

Question, how come you didnt get side skirts?

I have a similar setup, front Mtech bumper and rear M5 bumper. I just never liked the side skirts.

Congrats on the mods, and keep them coming (m5 mirrors, trunk finisher, Quad diffuser).... it just goes on and on and on.

MK
Thanks! I know what you mean about the Hamann lip, I have to be super careful. The wife drove the car the other day and I was a nervous wreck the entire time she was gone. By the time she got home I was pacing in the garage. I gave the car a close visual inspection after she went in the house too. Is there a name for this behavior? LOL!

So the trunk finisher is a BMW part huh? Ok, I'll look into it. I'm on quadm's group buy wait list for the side skirts. I gotta get 'em.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Kuchar' post='509164' date='Dec 21 2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks! I know what you mean about the Hamann lip, I have to be super careful. The wife drove the car the other day and I was a nervous wreck the entire time she was gone. By the time she got home I was pacing in the garage. I gave the car a close visual inspection after she went in the house too. Is there a name for this behavior? LOL!

So the trunk finisher is a BMW part huh? Ok, I'll look into it.
Its called being a husband. hahaha.

Yes, the trunk finisher is actually for an M5. If you look,all M5's have it. Its OEM.

Good luck.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

The car looks great man you don't need to change a thing! Nice and Clean!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Members

Nice car, let me know when you want to ride.

GO TEXANS!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kuchar' post='509164' date='Dec 21 2007, 09:53 AM
Kuchar -- might be OCD. Do any one these statements refer to your activities/feelings?

[ Source: Wikipedia ]
The Quick Reference to the diagnostic criteria from DSM-IV-TR (2000) describes these obsessions and compulsions:[1]

Obsessions are defined by:

Recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images that are experienced at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and inappropriate and that cause marked anxiety or distress.
The thoughts, impulses, or images are not simply excessive worries about real-life problems.
The person attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, impulses, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action.
The person recognizes that the obsessional thoughts, impulses, or images are a product of his or her own mind, and are not based in reality.
Compulsions are defined by:

Repetitive behaviors or mental acts that the person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.
The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent or are clearly excessive.
In addition to these criteria, at some point during the course of the disorder, the sufferer must realize that his/her obsessions or compulsions are unreasonable or excessive. Moreover, the obsessions or compulsions must be time-consuming (taking up more than one hour per day), cause distress, or cause impairment in social, occupational, or school functioning.[1] OCD often causes feelings similar to those of depression.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Members

I am loving those pics guys, top marks. Can i get a trunk finisher sent to the UK ?? and are they easy to fit ?

Thanks for your time again.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='509133' date='Dec 21 2007, 06:49 AM

I just never liked the side skirts.
+1 Get the part from Garry and paint it at a local body shop.

I didn't like the side skirts either until I put them on. When the sun or a light shines down from above, the skirts accent the lines of the car perfectly.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by markke' post='509366' date='Dec 21 2007, 05:56 PM
Kuchar -- might be OCD. Do any one these statements refer to your activities/feelings?

[ Source: Wikipedia ]
The Quick Reference to the diagnostic criteria from DSM-IV-TR (2000) describes these obsessions and compulsions:[1]

Obsessions are defined by:

Recurrent and persistent thoughts, impulses, or images that are experienced at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and inappropriate and that cause marked anxiety or distress.
The thoughts, impulses, or images are not simply excessive worries about real-life problems.
The person attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, impulses, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action.
The person recognizes that the obsessional thoughts, impulses, or images are a product of his or her own mind, and are not based in reality.
Compulsions are defined by:

Repetitive behaviors or mental acts that the person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.
The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent or are clearly excessive.
In addition to these criteria, at some point during the course of the disorder, the sufferer must realize that his/her obsessions or compulsions are unreasonable or excessive. Moreover, the obsessions or compulsions must be time-consuming (taking up more than one hour per day), cause distress, or cause impairment in social, occupational, or school functioning.[1] OCD often causes feelings similar to those of depression.
Well I do wash the car a lot & get depressed with its dirty. Does that count?

Quick Reply: my530 - refreshed!