E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MY07 Changes--March Production (US cars)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

Does this new steering wheel mean that the sports package loses the heated wheel?
Also, I think that the FTM would not work with winter wheels unless you add some sensors.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

Originally Posted by VTbound' post='229445' date='Jan 25 2006, 10:50 AM
Does this new steering wheel mean that the sports package loses the heated wheel?
Also, I think that the FTM would not work with winter wheels unless you add some sensors.
The new sport wheel should support heated steering wheel feature... at least it does in the SMG, which is basically the same wheel, with paddles. I believe this is the same wheel currently included in the EU sport packages, so if someone across the pond has it and can verify...
Old 01-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='229103' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:06 PM
How can anybody find this to be good news? We all take an instant 6 month depreciation hit. Pity you guys with an 06 on the way.

What the hell is going on here? Manipulation of the lease residual value tables (dunno anything about them, but it sure ranks higher than those goofballs at CAR. :thumbsdown:

This is the kind of stuff of which class action lawsuits are made.

Jeers,
Ray Hull

Hehe - not me. My 2006 will be a year old by then.

Same timetable for production as the last USA MY switchover - March 05.

I have a mild interest in the Sport Steering wheel, but I don't really care about the rest. I certainly don't find myself wishing I had waited.

Anyone who has experienced XM or Sirius (I've had both over the years) will tell you that HD Radio is completely unattractive. The content and format of the pay satellite services is the driver, not the quality over AM/FM. FM is better than AM, but I still don't listen. Do I really need a third band I won't ever listen to?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Members

My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Sirius sounds lousy, imho, but The HD radio deal will sound better, but good luck finding it if you don't live in a top 50 DMA.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal' post='229498' date='Jan 25 2006, 03:05 PM
Sirius sounds lousy, imho, but The HD radio deal will sound better, but good luck finding it if you don't live in a top 50 DMA.

Again, it is of little interest to me considering it's the same/similar programming. I'm pretty sure most satellite converts feel the same. The programming is what makes Sirius and XM so special.

I suppose for anyone who still listens to regular radio though, HD radio might be a draw.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='229158
It didn't mention anything about replacing DVD nav with Hard drive.

MB S class start using HD instead of DVD, it's much faster and can store much more data.

Good for MB. If the HD is of a conventional winchester design then there will be plenty of HD replacements in the future for all those S Class NAV systems. HDs don't do well in heat. I would hate to see what the temp of the drive would be on a nice Arizona summer day. I could maybe understand a flash drive but a HD?
[/quote]

2.5" laptop hard drives are very heat resistant these days. I've actually been running 2 HDs in my BMW 3-series for over 5 years now with no problems (in Phoenix, AZ!). (These were in an Empeg, later renamed Rio Car.)
Old 01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Members

I'm glad to see the sport wheel change. I prefer that wheel to the one that came in my sports package equiped 545. Also, I like the comfort seats being added to the sports package. I see that some others don't like the placement of the auxilary input but I prefer it there to the glove box or center console. I've got the auxilary input in the glovebox of my 545 and the cable coming out of the glovebox. This has resulted in pinching of the cable which at times caused the audio to be troublesome. Such as music without voices and the iPod pausing in the middle of a song without me touching it. The problem would be the same in the center console. With the cable coming out of the back of the center console the cable is free to go where ever you rest your iPod.