E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MY07 Changes--March Production (US cars)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='229092' date='Jan 24 2006, 07:57 PM
It didn't mention anything about replacing DVD nav with Hard drive.

MB S class start using HD instead of DVD, it's much faster and can store much more data.

Good for MB. If the HD is of a conventional winchester design then there will be plenty of HD replacements in the future for all those S Class NAV systems. HDs don't do well in heat. I would hate to see what the temp of the drive would be on a nice Arizona summer day. I could maybe understand a flash drive but a HD?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

Out of curiosity ...they obviously refer to the changes above to be significant improvements...
Do changes like this happen almost every year or is this really considered significant?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='229158
It didn't mention anything about replacing DVD nav with Hard drive.

MB S class start using HD instead of DVD, it's much faster and can store much more data.

Good for MB. If the HD is of a conventional winchester design then there will be plenty of HD replacements in the future for all those S Class NAV systems. HDs don't do well in heat. I would hate to see what the temp of the drive would be on a nice Arizona summer day. I could maybe understand a flash drive but a HD?
[/quote]

I agree that HD don't do well in heat, but I think LCD screen is even worse in heat condition, and we see every lexury cars have one now.

I see JumpDrive with 4GB, it's pretty close to a DVD storage size. The technology is all here already, the question is just when they are going to put into our cars.

For people haven't seen the new Windows Live Local, check it out. Will it be nice if we can use it in our NAVs.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='229168
I am also interested to know the pricing of the night vision option. I have to assume it will be fairly pricey, given how much the bleeding-edge technology options are going for (e.g., active cruise control).
Active Cruise bleeding edge? I woud hardly use that to describe something that's been available on a Toyota MiniVan for about half the price bleeding edge.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

But you forget that '06s started selling last spring, so you still got a full model year, but not the year and a half that you expected.

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='229103' date='Jan 24 2006, 05:06 PM
How can anybody find this to be good news? We all take an instant 6 month depreciation hit. Pity you guys with an 06 on the way.

What the hell is going on here? Manipulation of the lease residual value tables (dunno anything about them, but it sure ranks higher than those goofballs at CAR. :thumbsdown:

This is the kind of stuff of which class action lawsuits are made.

Jeers,
Ray Hull
Old 01-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='229155
GG! My 530Xi is due to arrive in 2 weeks, and to hear of this is somewhat disappointing. Maybe I can get my dealer to install an AUX input for free.
What is the penalty ifyou cancel the order??
[/quote]

I've been waiting for it since the beginning of December. I'm in too deep now to cancel my order now and endure another 3 months of waiting. Good thing I didn't order the Sports Package, or else I'd be fuming mad.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Stream,

Great info. Thanks for sharing. I hope we will get the updated pricing sheet soon, so we can see what the price jump will be for the 07 vs 06.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire Metallic, black leather, w/ sports pkg, cold weather pkg, Logic7, steptronic, navigation, satellite radio, electric rear shade, folding rear seat, Razr/Cingular phone

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='229103' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:06 PM
How can anybody find this to be good news? We all take an instant 6 month depreciation hit. Pity you guys with an 06 on the way.

What the hell is going on here? Manipulation of the lease residual value tables (dunno anything about them, but it sure ranks higher than those goofballs at CAR. :thumbsdown:

This is the kind of stuff of which class action lawsuits are made.

Jeers,
Ray Hull
Guys, I too am not thrilled when I learn that BMW is adding new/improved features to their cars after I have purchased one. But do you really expect them to keep the model EXACTLY the same for 7 years??? And its not like this is the first time they - or every other car manufacturer for that matter - have done this. They ALWAYS do these upgrades during a model run!! Oh, and by the way, they seldom do them without some type of price increase. Move on!!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:21 AM
Contributors

I am not sure how it is meant to satisfy a CARB requirement. Obviously it does not involve actual engine (or other equipment) modification because it would also need to be done on other BMW models that share the same engines. So exactly how is it related to a CARB requirement and why is it only on the 5 series and not other models that share the same engines?
Old 01-25-2006, 09:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I see now you get the Sport Wheel with the sport package. I prefer the wheel in my 545i w/ sport package better.

Quick Reply: MY07 Changes--March Production (US cars)