E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

MY Xenon's do not mover "side to side" ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

is there a mix up here between active lights which do exactly as other members have said i.e. move in the auto position and non active lights which when you switch them on at first self adjust a little
do you have active lights that steer around corners?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='Dec 29 2004, 06:44 AM
is there a mix up here between active lights which do exactly as other members have said i.e. move in the auto position and? non active lights which when you switch them on at first self adjust a little
do you have active lights that steer around corners?
[snapback]73323[/snapback]

"the-man-himself":

No, that is what I was trying to say, (thanks), My Xenon's does not turn "side-to-side" for a couple of seconds anymore when I first cut them on, indicating their (working), active.

I did not notice them turning, when I turn my steering wheel, either.

That led me to think there is a problem with my active steering headlights, that needs BMW certified Mechanics/tech's attention to get it corrected properly.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Raymond Presley
Old 12-29-2004, 05:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

IF you have active steering lights then they will only turn under the following conditions
lights selected to auto and if moving will turn both ways but if stopped they will only turn to the passanger's side to avoid blinding on coming traffic

otherwise you will have to visit the dealer as i also understand it the little green light beside the auto position will blink on and off to indicat a faul with active steering lights normally it should be on steady hope this helps
Old 12-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Members

ps forgot to also say if selected reverse the active lights will not work at all
Old 12-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='Dec 29 2004, 10:45 AM
IF you have active steering lights then they will only turn under the following conditions
lights selected to auto and if moving will turn both ways but if stopped they will only turn to the passanger's side to avoid blinding on coming traffic

otherwise you will have to visit the dealer as i also understand it the little green light beside the auto position will blink on and off to indicat a faul with active steering lights? normally it should be on steady hope this helps
[snapback]73381[/snapback]
"the-man-himself":

THANKS! You info. is a great help, (I feel the same way you do about my active headlights, and I never knew that about the little green light, blinking on & off to incicate a fault with them, interesting, thanks again)

have a good day!

Sincerely,

Raymond Presley