E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My window goes up regardless of which way i hit the button??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys been absent from the forum for a while but recently my passenger window started acting funny.. When you hit the passenger switch the window goes down only whether you hit UP or DOWN. But from my (driver) side i can hit up or down and it works fine... I know theres a fix or something i tried searching but didnt find anything... Can someone tell me in plain english how to fix this.. it doesnt seem to be mechanicall more electrical or software??? help! thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i/6spd

sometimes i have to hold the window switch or the window wont close (like somethings in the way). Isn't there a software update the dealer has to do for these or something??
Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Members

anyone else know a fix???
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Contributors

haha thats funny, sorry just a funny electrical bug.. I think the fix is to head to the dealer, you arent going to be able to DIY an electrical problem
Old 07-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530dA, Nav. Pro., Leather redorange, black sappire met., HUD, Dynamic Drive, Active Steering, Sunroof, AC, Bi-Xenon/Adaptive, 245 275 19" with Falken 452's, Alpina Rims, el. Seats, autom. Mirrors, BMW Cellphone, CD Changer, M Style, Interior wood border oliv (M5), LED tail lights...

Originally Posted by ezslim' post='956117' date='Jul 28 2009, 04:44 AM
hey guys been absent from the forum for a while but recently my passenger window started acting funny.. When you hit the passenger switch the window goes down only whether you hit UP or DOWN. But from my (driver) side i can hit up or down and it works fine... I know theres a fix or something i tried searching but didnt find anything... Can someone tell me in plain english how to fix this.. it doesnt seem to be mechanicall more electrical or software??? help! thanks in advance

Hi,
sometimes the windows loose the calibration. Try this:

Ignition on, all windows up, all doors closed (it might help if you got a second person on the passenger seat)
driverseatwindow down (hold on the switch all the way down and all the way up)
driverseatwindow completely up
passengerwindow down (from the driverseat!)
passengerwindow up

If it works - fine, it it don't, same procedure, but passengerwindows two or three times down and up.

Now it have to work, otherwise you got a problem for your dealer.

Hope you can fix it!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Members

My Ride: Soon to be 2006 530xi Silver on gray. Premium, Premium Sound, Sports(lite), Cold Weather pkgs, Navi

Originally Posted by ezslim' post='956117' date='Jul 27 2009, 10:44 PM
I had this happen with a Passat that I owned before my 530. In the end it was the actual switch that had worn out and I needed to replace the bank of switches in the driver side door and that was the end of the problem.

Just a thought
Old 08-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

sounds like a moody car.. take her to the dealer.. let her get her fix.. and shell be nice to you again..
Old 08-05-2009, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by melimel' post='966236' date='Aug 5 2009, 09:57 AM
sounds like a moody car.. take her to the dealer.. let her get her fix.. and shell be nice to you again..
Y'all listen to melimel. She knows best.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by theXman' post='966241' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:02 AM
Y'all listen to melimel. She knows best.
atta boy
Old 08-15-2009, 02:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ezslim' post='956117' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:44 AM
hi, I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Quick Reply: My window goes up regardless of which way i hit the button??