E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My wife thought I went nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Great work! Soooo shiny ...
Old 10-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work! the car looks happy lol
Old 10-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

Looks great bro! I would love to see what you used! Please share, as I am kind of immune to the whole detailing side of things.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Looks great! That is my favorite color combo for sure.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Members

What's up ProMed!!? Thanks for the input on the European bike tour.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by dlounge
What's up ProMed!!? Thanks for the input on the European bike tour.
I don't know you, walk away. lol
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RYNO311
Looks great bro! I would love to see what you used! Please share, as I am kind of immune to the whole detailing side of things.
Well...Here you go.

Obviously start with a good clean and rinse to get all the dust and anything that can scratch your paint.

I picked up a care care kit made by pinnacle from autogeek.net http://www.autogeek.net/picarcaki.html

All the steps, do one section at a time

You want the kit that includes the clay bar, paint cleanser, and wax. They make a wax for light and dark paint (the Souveran is for darker paint) After cleaning, give it a good clay bar. If you drop the clay bar in the process, do not use again. It will scratch your paint.

After the clay bar, then use the paint cleanser till the paint will literally be squeaky clean to remove any residue

After that I used McGuire Ultimate Paint Compound to remove the haze I thought the paint cleanser would remove. I had to do this twice with the paint compound to finally work. You don't need allot, it thickens up as you rub. Be prepared to do a little workout.

PLease keep in mind, I did this over a few days and always wash your car before you start the next step

After the paint has been cleaned, need to start building the shine and protectant, you need to add a coat of the wax.

The pinnacle is wipe on and just wipe off. You don't have to wait for the wax to haze. Do each section at a time. After the first coat of wax is done, you want the wax to cure for a couple days in the sun. Clean the car and add another coat of wax.....same process, and than add the third coat of wax. The third coat is when all the magic and depths kicks in. crazy I know!

After about a few weeks later, I came across Top Coat made Ducora from my local dealership. They use this stuff on the cars in the show room floors and was amazed how well this works. I tried this out and added a coat, waited a couple weeks and added another coat for shits and giggles. The following weekend as i was washing the car, I noticed the water didn't slide off like I'm used to, the OCD kicked in, so i then added one more coat of wax the following weekend. If the car is done right, you can dry your car off with water. Take off the nozzle so water flows out, pinch the hose to slow it down a little and start from the top. The flow of water will slide off and just leave a few wet spots to wipe off.

Allot work and sweat, but well worth it in my opinion. Hope that helps and makes sense.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

Originally Posted by dlounge
Well...Here you go.

Obviously start with a good clean and rinse to get all the dust and anything that can scratch your paint.

I picked up a care care kit made by pinnacle from autogeek.net http://www.autogeek.net/picarcaki.html

All the steps, do one section at a time

You want the kit that includes the clay bar, paint cleanser, and wax. They make a wax for light and dark paint (the Souveran is for darker paint) After cleaning, give it a good clay bar. If you drop the clay bar in the process, do not use again. It will scratch your paint.

After the clay bar, then use the paint cleanser till the paint will literally be squeaky clean to remove any residue

After that I used McGuire Ultimate Paint Compound to remove the haze I thought the paint cleanser would remove. I had to do this twice with the paint compound to finally work. You don't need allot, it thickens up as you rub. Be prepared to do a little workout.

PLease keep in mind, I did this over a few days and always wash your car before you start the next step

After the paint has been cleaned, need to start building the shine and protectant, you need to add a coat of the wax.

The pinnacle is wipe on and just wipe off. You don't have to wait for the wax to haze. Do each section at a time. After the first coat of wax is done, you want the wax to cure for a couple days in the sun. Clean the car and add another coat of wax.....same process, and than add the third coat of wax. The third coat is when all the magic and depths kicks in. crazy I know!

After about a few weeks later, I came across Top Coat made Ducora from my local dealership. They use this stuff on the cars in the show room floors and was amazed how well this works. I tried this out and added a coat, waited a couple weeks and added another coat for shits and giggles. The following weekend as i was washing the car, I noticed the water didn't slide off like I'm used to, the OCD kicked in, so i then added one more coat of wax the following weekend. If the car is done right, you can dry your car off with water. Take off the nozzle so water flows out, pinch the hose to slow it down a little and start from the top. The flow of water will slide off and just leave a few wet spots to wipe off.

Allot work and sweat, but well worth it in my opinion. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Damn dude, this reads almost like a creepy love novel. Seriously, this is great stuff. I am checking out the site you recommended now. I am ready to get mine done before the Ohio winter kicks in! Thanks for this!
Old 10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RYNO311
Damn dude, this reads almost like a creepy love novel. Seriously, this is great stuff. I am checking out the site you recommended now. I am ready to get mine done before the Ohio winter kicks in! Thanks for this!
Lmao! Yeah, I was trying to be as descriptive as I could.... Lol, Good luck bro!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport CPO Space Age Grey

It's amazing what a clay bar can do. Once a year across the entire car, brings it back nice