E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

my SA

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

"Gorgeous. Why is it sitting where it can get rained on?"

"Actually snowed on. I have garage space for 5 cars and my house and I have to park outside. Might change that this year though, but my first night at home my car has to sit outside."

Originally Posted by vnod' post='207667
My sales associate went over my car that I picked up today. After studying for 2 months I know more about the car than he does (though he had to show me how to sync my phone) - anyway - great salesman but even better forum.
I quess they come in different flavors and its sort of the luck of the draw. I happened upon a very knowledgeable sales person--a real professional. I don't know how its works everywhere. But, at my dealership, at least some of the really good salespersons have their own sales assistants--who as far as I know may be in training to be salespersons. And, my sales assistant also was very knowledgeable. They are a great team. Even though I bought my car six-months ago, I can call either anytime and get all sots of help and favors.

I can't say enough good things about my dealer's service manager, my SA, my dealers' parts personnel, my dealers' Dinan techs, my sales team, and, in general, the excellence of my dealers' personnel. Nevertheless, all has not gone perfectly, but, then, I don't expect it to. What counts to me is the end result as we all are bound to get dirty in dealing with autos. And, my end results always have been "5's." I hope your dealership works out as well for you.

SA = Service Advisor to me, but, OK, why not SA = Sales Associate? Do we have an acronym precedent on this one?
[/quote]

Could nto be happier with my dealer. The owner sold me the car and said high to me today. I decided to pay the car off and this changed my plans - so still had banking things to do and the owner let me take the car home without paying because he knows me and the banker. Sales Associate was very knowledgable and always helpful. When you spend as much time on a single thing as we here at the forum do, it is hard to find someonw who knows more. Also, the dealer only sells a couple hundred 5's a year - so they can not possibly see all of the problems and solutions posted on the WEB. Overall, I give my dealer an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 and would buy another car there tomorrow.
I am glad.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='207713' date='Dec 5 2005, 10:49 PM
Can't believe you are leaving the baby out. Just throw out the rest of the other cars/things in the garage . . . 5 car garge . . . . wow, that's roomy.
guy that built my house had a motor home. I have a garage bay with 15 foot ceilings, 52 feet long, hold and cold running water, sewer hook up, and two 220 volt electrical outlets. But I have a 7400 pound paper weight at the front of it. A 1976 Rolls Royce that does not move, but leaks plenty of oil. Then behind that I have my kids cars (5 jeep cars to be exact, and then multiple bicycles, sporting equipment, and on and on. My wife has a double garage to herself.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207733
Can't believe you are leaving the baby out. Just throw out the rest of the other cars/things in the garage . . . 5 car garge . . . . wow, that's roomy.
guy that built my house had a motor home. I have a garage bay with 15 foot ceilings, 52 feet long, hold and cold running water, sewer hook up, and two 220 volt electrical outlets. But I have a 7400 pound paper weight at the front of it. A 1976 Rolls Royce that does not move, but leaks plenty of oil. Then behind that I have my kids cars (5 jeep cars to be exact, and then multiple bicycles, sporting equipment, and on and on. My wife has a double garage to herself.
[/quote]

"Kids, if you want your jeeps in the garage, move the RR out for daddy. Otherwise, daddy will move the Jeeps for you."

Works everytimie in my family. BTW, women do not get garage space. They get house space. I tell my wife, all I need is 500 sq ft in the house and you can have the rest. The garage is mine, though.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='207750
Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='207713' date='Dec 5 2005, 10:49 PM
"Kids, if you want your jeeps in the garage, move the RR out for daddy. Otherwise, daddy will move the Jeeps for you."

Works everytimie in my family. BTW, women do not get garage space. They get house space. I tell my wife, all I need is 500 sq ft in the house and you can have the rest. The garage is mine, though.
[/quote]

not my house
she gets the inside, garage, and basement. I get a 144 square foot bar in the basement. oh well, the things we do for love.

Originally Posted by darkside' post='207698' date='Dec 5 2005, 10:20 PM
I agree we often know more about a specific model than some salespeople. What I want, however, is someone with an open mind and a person that will let me go through the process of deciding what I want. I want to be able to test drive the cars alone. And I like to drop by the dealership frequently just to talk cars. I have received great service at BMW Seattle. I do not squeeze them for every last dollar on the sale - but I expect a lot of service.
i'll go over my buying experience again because it was so much fun. I went to the closest dealer and had a SA (sales assoc) I liked and drove 4 cars with him. Went back 2 days later with mny wife and 3 of 6 kids to show them what I was looking at. It was early AM and I was post call after having been up all night and looked like it. Was in the dealership 30 min and no one noticed us. Then came in a blonde and she has 3 SA's in under 1min. Eventually someone helped me but not much.
So my friend told me to go to the BMW dealership in canton (Cain BMW if anyone cares) - called and talked to the owner, drove down there looking like crap in shorts and t-shirt. He just gave me the keys to a bunch of 5's and told me to have fun. Needless to it was fun.
Then to finalize the options went back and the owner let me deal with a SA - and we must have gone in 10-15 cars to see all of the different options. It was fun and pleasant. I want my wife to get one when BMW makes a car that can carry 8 people.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207665
Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207656' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:57 PM
My sales associate went over my car that I picked up today. After studying for 2 months I know more about the car than he does (though he had to show me how to sync my phone) - anyway - great salesman but even better forum.
I explained my S/a the car (my car) he was handing to me could play MP3. He said..i dont think that model comes with
ipod.

he scared the chicken feathers out of me when he said that.. I just said in side my crancky head..never mind...just give me the keys
LOL - but I know the feeling. I think we know more about all of the BMW cars than many of the sales associates. I hope mine doesnot read the site or that I remian anonymous because he was telling me about options that do not come with packages and packages with different options. I wanted to correct him but decided against it. He was a very nice guy.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='207661' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM
wow....congratulations.....great to know that you're more than ready to drive the car....pics please....
K - here some pics
[/quote]

I get it now...you bought the car from a Toyota dealer Just kidding
Old 12-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SolanNo1' post='207995
Originally Posted by amigo525' post='207660' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM
[quote name='dgjk' post='207656' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:57 PM']
I explained my S/a the car (my car) he was handing to me could play MP3. He said..i dont think that model comes with
ipod.

he scared the chicken feathers out of me when he said that.. I just said in side my crancky head..never mind...just give me the keys
LOL - but I know the feeling. I think we know more about all of the BMW cars than many of the sales associates. I hope mine doesnot read the site or that I remian anonymous because he was telling me about options that do not come with packages and packages with different options. I wanted to correct him but decided against it. He was a very nice guy.

wow....congratulations.....great to know that you're more than ready to drive the car....pics please....
K - here some pics
[/quote]

[/quote]

He Told me it was a Camry
Old 12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Congrats on the new car! 5 car garage and no room for the E60?!?
You're a better family member than me!

The garage was the *only* place I asked for. The rest of my family uses all the other rooms. Heck, I even have a heater and a place to sleep in the garage so I can be close to my E60!

Cheers,
Old 12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Contributors

It is currently snowing on my car. I am going to clean the garage Thursday so I can Park in there. But I do love my family - almost as much as my car - no wait - I love my car almost as much as my family.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='208132' date='Dec 6 2005, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the new car! 5 car garage and no room for the E60?!?
You're a better family member than me!

The garage was the *only* place I asked for. The rest of my family uses all the other rooms. Heck, I even have a heater and a place to sleep in the garage so I can be close to my E60!

Cheers,
Ahh, I see . . . you must frequent the "dog house."
Old 12-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='208043
Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207665' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:17 PM
[quote name='amigo525' post='207660' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM']
[quote name='dgjk' post='207656' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:57 PM']
ipod.

K - here some pics
[/quote]

[/quote]

He Told me it was a Camry
[/quote]
If they charged you for a Camry then I'd say you got yourself a great SA.