E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my SA

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

My sales associate went over my car that I picked up today. After studying for 2 months I know more about the car than he does (though he had to show me how to sync my phone) - anyway - great salesman but even better forum.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207656' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:57 PM
My sales associate went over my car that I picked up today. After studying for 2 months I know more about the car than he does (though he had to show me how to sync my phone) - anyway - great salesman but even better forum.
I explained my S/a the car (my car) he was handing to me could play MP3. He said..i dont think that model comes with
ipod.

he scared the chicken feathers out of me when he said that.. I just said in side my crancky head..never mind...just give me the keys
Old 12-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

wow....congratulations.....great to know that you're more than ready to drive the car....pics please....
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='207660
I explained my S/a the car (my car) he was handing to me could play MP3. He said..i dont think that model comes with
ipod.

he scared the chicken feathers out of me when he said that.. I just said in side my crancky head..never mind...just give me the keys
[/quote]

LOL - but I know the feeling. I think we know more about all of the BMW cars than many of the sales associates. I hope mine doesnot read the site or that I remian anonymous because he was telling me about options that do not come with packages and packages with different options. I wanted to correct him but decided against it. He was a very nice guy.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='207661' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM
wow....congratulations.....great to know that you're more than ready to drive the car....pics please....
K - here some pics
Attached Thumbnails my SA-1.jpg   my SA-3.jpg  
Old 12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I quess they come in different flavors and its sort of the luck of the draw. I happened upon a very knowledgeable sales person--a real professional. I don't know how its works everywhere. But, at my dealership, at least some of the really good salespersons have their own sales assistants--who as far as I know may be in training to be salespersons. And, my sales assistant also was very knowledgeable. They are a great team. Even though I bought my car six-months ago, I can call either anytime and get all sots of help and favors.

I can't say enough good things about my dealer's service manager, my SA, my dealers' parts personnel, my dealers' Dinan techs, my sales team, and, in general, the excellence of my dealers' personnel. Nevertheless, all has not gone perfectly, but, then, I don't expect it to. What counts to me is the end result as we all are bound to get dirty in dealing with autos. And, my end results always have been "5's." I hope your dealership works out as well for you.

SA = Service Advisor to me, but, OK, why not SA = Sales Associate? Do we have an acronym precedent on this one?
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Congrats!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='207665
ipod.

LOL - but I know the feeling. I think we know more about all of the BMW cars than many of the sales associates. I hope mine doesnot read the site or that I remian anonymous because he was telling me about options that do not come with packages and packages with different options. I wanted to correct him but decided against it. He was a very nice guy.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='207661' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM
K - here some pics
[/quote]Gorgeous. Why is it sitting where it can get rained on?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vnod' post='207670
Originally Posted by amigo525' post='207660' date='Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM
[quote name='dgjk' post='207656' date='Dec 5 2005, 08:57 PM']
ipod.

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='207661
I quess they come in different flavors and its sort of the luck of the draw. I happened upon a very knowledgeable sales person--a real professional. I don't know how its works everywhere. But, at my dealership, at least some of the really good salespersons have their own sales assistants--who as far as I know may be in training to be salespersons. And, my sales assistant also was very knowledgeable. They are a great team. Even though I bought my car six-months ago, I can call either anytime and get all sots of help and favors.

I can't say enough good things about my dealer's service manager, my SA, my dealers' parts personnel, my dealers' Dinan techs, my sales team, and, in general, the excellence of my dealers' personnel. Nevertheless, all has not gone perfectly, but, then, I don't expect it to. What counts to me is the end result as we all are bound to get dirty in dealing with autos. And, my end results always have been "5's." I hope your dealership works out as well for you.

SA = Service Advisor to me, but, OK, why not SA = Sales Associate? Do we have an acronym precedent on this one?
Could nto be happier with my dealer. The owner sold me the car and said high to me today. I decided to pay the car off and this changed my plans - so still had banking things to do and the owner let me take the car home without paying because he knows me and the banker. Sales Associate was very knowledgable and always helpful. When you spend as much time on a single thing as we here at the forum do, it is hard to find someonw who knows more. Also, the dealer only sells a couple hundred 5's a year - so they can not possibly see all of the problems and solutions posted on the WEB. Overall, I give my dealer an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 and would buy another car there tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I agree we often know more about a specific model than some salespeople. What I want, however, is someone with an open mind and a person that will let me go through the process of deciding what I want. I want to be able to test drive the cars alone. And I like to drop by the dealership frequently just to talk cars. I have received great service at BMW Seattle. I do not squeeze them for every last dollar on the sale - but I expect a lot of service.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Can't believe you are leaving the baby out. Just throw out the rest of the other cars/things in the garage . . . 5 car garge . . . . wow, that's roomy.