E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new wheels on my 530i !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
nice wheels man.

I don't like the tire stretch with this setup though.

(my opinion)

Maybe it would be more justified if you had wider rear wheels. Like 11.5's 12's or something.

The main purpose of the tire stretch is to fit your car with wheels that normally wouldn't fit without modifications to the car.
Thanks man ! , for the wheel, the 11's look more wider than the 12's , that's what the seller said in another forum
Old 10-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
nice wheels man.

I don't like the tire stretch with this setup though.

(my opinion)

Maybe it would be more justified if you had wider rear wheels. Like 11.5's 12's or something.

The main purpose of the tire stretch is to fit your car with wheels that normally wouldn't fit without modifications to the car.
Thanks man ! , for the wheel, the 11's look more wider than the 12's , that's what the seller said in another forum
Old 10-02-2011, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by tgm001
Ohhh loool I like them stretch ! With a nice drop the look will be sick !! Go check stance nation ! IT's a new style that I find very nicee
That style has been around in the US since the 1940s and made popular by Lowrider magazine since 1970s. Anyway, to me doesn't look right = doesn't look safe. Anyways, good luck and be carefule especially around uneven roads, fast speed in turns, pot holes, etc...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Yes the cap between fender and rubber is quite big.. I'd buy next time little higher rubbers.. It's more comfortable also..
Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by ktlocklear
I traded the E60 in back in Feb for a M6 and put the wheels on it. 285's on the back instead of the 305's
Nice! How's the M6 treating you?
Originally Posted by dR.jonezz
Yes the cap between fender and rubber is quite big.. I'd buy next time little higher rubbers.. It's more comfortable also..
+1.
OP Like I said before, sure it may look nice to you but you're sacrificing safety and a comfortable ride for vanity. Not really the ideal choice. I'd be concerned not only with potholes but also with dropping the car. You see, because the lip of your rim is exposed it may hit the inside lip of your rear fender depending on how far you drop it. The suspension is design to go UP and IN. Just keep in mind your rear inner fender lip is about 1" extended which you cannot see at all. I have a fender roller and have rolled plenty of fenders due to this issue. While the issue was actually with tires rubbing when hitting hard dips on the freeway etc...EVEN when rolling the fender the issue still slightly occured. The suspension needs room to flex. In your case even if you drop it a bit, the metal of the wheel will most likely contact the fender.
BMW puts a nice thick layer of some sort of sealant inside the inner fender and that all must be taken out prior to rolling. This my friend is the biggest pain about rolling these fenders. If you don't get all the "caulking" out completely you'll have left overs and when you roll the fender you will see dips on the outside of the fender wall where the inner lip was rolled. Ouch.

There was another question here for someone who has little posts but had a question about wheel size...first, welcome to the board. For me I have type 128 wheels with deep concave and I have the following: FRONT 244/35/19 ET 22(offset) & REAR 275/30/19 ET 14.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60

Nice! How's the M6 treating you?

+1.
OP Like I said before, sure it may look nice to you but you're sacrificing safety and a comfortable ride for vanity. Not really the ideal choice. I'd be concerned not only with potholes but also with dropping the car. You see, because the lip of your rim is exposed it may hit the inside lip of your rear fender depending on how far you drop it. The suspension is design to go UP and IN. Just keep in mind your rear inner fender lip is about 1" extended which you cannot see at all. I have a fender roller and have rolled plenty of fenders due to this issue. While the issue was actually with tires rubbing when hitting hard dips on the freeway etc...EVEN when rolling the fender the issue still slightly occured. The suspension needs room to flex. In your case even if you drop it a bit, the metal of the wheel will most likely contact the fender.
BMW puts a nice thick layer of some sort of sealant inside the inner fender and that all must be taken out prior to rolling. This my friend is the biggest pain about rolling these fenders. If you don't get all the "caulking" out completely you'll have left overs and when you roll the fender you will see dips on the outside of the fender wall where the inner lip was rolled. Ouch.

There was another question here for someone who has little posts but had a question about wheel size...first, welcome to the board. For me I have type 128 wheels with deep concave and I have the following: FRONT 244/35/19 ET 22(offset) & REAR 275/30/19 ET 14.

Ohhhh thanks for all the info !! I'll do my research about this and certainly take care to not hit any potholes !