E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New but Used 528 XI

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528 XI 6000k HiD Lows coming soon - black roundels - smoked led turn signals - tint - 6000k fogs - hid angel eyes - hid reverse light - led interior lights

Hello everyone some of you have previously seen that I had a 2007 530 I before i got fed up with the car not starting up, no navi and no LCI taillights and interior now im happy cause i have trading it in for a 2008 bmw 528 XI which is flawless and in great condition.

maybe some educated members on the forum can guide me in the right direction with lighting.
i want to change the main lights to a lightbulb closest looking to the xenon lights that come equipped and possibly change out the day time running lights to xenon quality bulbs and also the fogs. which one do i go with. there are so many to choose from and im looking for the best closest looking and also good quality. any recommendations with the model name and where is the best place to get it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a a white light with a bluish tint to it.

Thanks guys and here is a pic of the new bimmer that i absolutely love

Here is the list i am planning on doing within

- headlights, day time running lights and fogs
- tints
-interior led lights
-exterior led lights
-clear turn signals or smoked?

thanks again everyone in advance
Attached Thumbnails My New but Used 528 XI-wbanv13548cz51734-2c.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

send a PM to john@motorcepts. hes in NY so if u need any of that stuff done go to them!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528 XI 6000k HiD Lows coming soon - black roundels - smoked led turn signals - tint - 6000k fogs - hid angel eyes - hid reverse light - led interior lights

bump
Old 02-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

Get an HID kit for the low beams should cost $60 online. Same with the fogs get a HID kit. I have 8k HID in my 528i and just ordered 8k hid kit for my fogs. For the high beams get some PIAA 4700k superwhites. Angle eyes contact John at John@motercepts.com he will get you angle eyes for halogen E60 for a good price.

Interior LEDS..... most of the bulbs are size 194. The under door lights, dome lights, and sidemarkers all use a T10 194 bulb. Instead of spending $150 for a vendors kit go to Amazon and buy 194 bulbs and you can make your own kit. The license plate lights are festoons and I forgot what type. The lights above the pedals are also festoons and the same type as the ones that go in your license plate.

Keep the turn signal clear don't smoke the lights they look ugly I tried that lol. A shop in brooklyn is doing tints for $79 all 5 windows. I am getting mine done this weekend they do good work my friend with a TL got his car tinted a year ago and its held up. If you want the name PM me.

Oh btw if you want your angle eyes as your DRL instead of the highbeam go to iDrive go to lighting and click off DRL and switch the headlight switch to switch number 3 (parking lights) and your AE are DRL .
Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

great pick up
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Members

Looks great. Go to John at Motorcepts for all your lighting needs. He is very helpful and is products work great..

Good luck with your new car!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Members

thanks alot guys appreciate the info and feedback. I have just ordered the notto se HID 10k kit for my car. i havent opened up the hood to look at the headlight assembly but im wondering how difficult it is to the actual headlight without moving the whole headlight. im going to get at my list little by little im getting married in a year so we are saving up for the big day and i dont want to get yelled at by the fiance .... im hoping these lights look great cause then i will swap out my hightlights and foglights there after then get me some tint. I want to make my car unique and been looking around for ideas. Thanks again guys for the info and comments.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyscoots84
thanks alot guys appreciate the info and feedback. I have just ordered the notto se HID 10k kit for my car. i havent opened up the hood to look at the headlight assembly but im wondering how difficult it is to the actual headlight without moving the whole headlight. im going to get at my list little by little im getting married in a year so we are saving up for the big day and i dont want to get yelled at by the fiance .... im hoping these lights look great cause then i will swap out my hightlights and foglights there after then get me some tint. I want to make my car unique and been looking around for ideas. Thanks again guys for the info and comments.
Tony I would suggest not installing the HID kit by yourself and you also need resistors so you don't get a bulb out error. It was a PITA to install and I had to take it to a shop. It took the shop 2 hours to install and they had to remove the headlight. I was only charged $45 for the installation though. If you want the name of the shop PM me. Its in NJ.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Members

so i went ahead and began the install on my hids and came to realize they sent me the adapter to lock it in place for a reflector headlamp not a projector headlamp i think i need a spring clip or something like that. would anyone know where to get one or if im doing something wrong. the adapter they gave me was black with a red seal on it. it looked like it would go on a reg. reflector headlamp
Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

No idea post pictures of that "adaptor" haha.

Quick Reply: My New but Used 528 XI