E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2007 535d M-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:29 AM
sos
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, after 5 days of impatient waiting, I finally got to pick up the new car this morning.

It stopped raining just long enough to have a good look round, and confirm that everything was as it should be. The dealer had a look at my E90 (which will be sadly missed), and the deal was done. I was the proud owner of a rather special E60 535d.

Diesel.....well it's my 2nd one, the last one was the VW V10 Touareg which didn't last very long, but after going out in a mates car, it persuaded me that they aren't all bad, and might be the sensible option. I looked at a 550i, but really could justify the fuel/tax costs. So, this is where I ended up.

I do like to find cars that have "toys". My last E60 530i was specced up to ?48k in 2004, and that was pretty special at the time. This one was ?57,300 in October 2007, and was ordered by a guy at a promotional event who got a bit tipsy on the free champagne (thank you whoever you are :-) ).

The specificiation then.....there's rather a lot, as the 535d comes with a lot of kit as standard anyways, including the not very useful "Lane Departure Warning System", which has been turned off already.

The other extras are:

Metallic Carbon Black
BMW Platinum Extended Leather Individual Interior
Piano Black Trim
Sports Auto Transmission
Media Pack (Bluetooth, Voice, Pro-Nav, CD Changer)
Visibility Pack (Adaptive Xenons)
TV function
USB
Comfort Seats (Dr + Pass Memory)
Active Seats
Front + Rear Seat Heating
Folding Auto-Dimming Ext. Mirrors
Electric Glass Sunroof
Alacantara Headlining
Hi-Fi Logic 7 Sound System
19" M-Wheels Style 172
Steering Wheel Paddles
Through loading

The only thing I really fancied, but couldn't find anywhere was the Heads Up Display, so that will have to wait for another time. Pretty happy with what I've got.

I was warned about the pre-LCI gearbox being a bit, well rubbish, so it made my decision to get a post 2007 model. This then gave the option of Automatic or Sports Automatic Transmission. This one has the "Sport" button, which removes 6th gear, holds the revs, tightens the steering, and also makes the throttle pedal respond instantly. Really pleased with it, and super fast changes when required in the correct mode. When it's just in "D", it glides along very smoothly, and I was getting 44mpg today until I started "playing". It's now on 36mpg, which is still 8 or 9 better than the 330i ever achieved.

The individual interior is great, extended leather, so even the dashboard and the airbag labels are stitched. The colour has been well thought out, because even though it's very light, all the places where you touch it all the time are done in black, which at the same time provides a great contrast. The roof lining was also upgraded to alacantara, so has a great soft effect, even the rear parcel shelf has been covered.

The comfort seats are something else, I've never had these before and can't believe the angles that they can adjust too. Along with the "active" function which basically massages your backside, it makes for a comfy journey.

So, that's enough for now, here are the all important pictures, enjoy, I am!! :-)

Old 07-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

The car is gorgeous, I especially like the headliner!! Congrats on the delivery!!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Congratulations! Great looking ride!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Nice looking ride Congrats!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Very Nice...I love the interior...!!! Lots of luck!!!

Is that the 1 series hatch in the back?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:51 AM
sos
Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='953232' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:47 PM
Is that the 1 series hatch in the back?
Yes, it's my wifes...a 2005 120d Manual...(163bhp), good fun little car... :-)
Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

the interior is very nice, how do you get the extended stuff?, as its not available on the website configurator
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Very nice, great looking color combi
Old 07-24-2009, 01:04 PM
sos
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='953286' date='Jul 24 2009, 08:26 PM
the interior is very nice, how do you get the extended stuff?, as its not available on the website configurator
I've no idea I'm afraid, I guess it's something you must have to ask for when speccing? Or maybe it comes when you order the "Individual Leather" which is an option.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Congrats! Car looks great.

Quick Reply: My new 2007 535d M-Sport