E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Idrive screen went BLACk this morning..PLS HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.
Thumbs down

I'm in need of ALL of your help ,lol...My Idrive screen turned white with lines then the screen went black. It came on a few minutes later then went out again. I pressed the check button on the directional arm and the SOS symbol with a slash through it comes up. Does anyone now what that means and what might be causing it not to work before I bring it to BMW. My car is a 2006 530xi if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise boys and girls!!

JiL
Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Contributors

same happend to me (WHEN I HAD MY CAR).. but i shut it down let it sit for about an hour re started the car never happend again.. try it out, if that dont work off the service you go...
Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='707656' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:36 PM
same happend to me (WHEN I HAD MY CAR).. but i shut it down let it sit for about an hour re started the car never happend again.. try it out, if that dont work off the service you go...

Thanks I'll go out and check it since it happened about an hour ago.

I read about your car the other day so sorry that happened to you.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='707659' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:40 PM
Thanks I'll go out and check it since it happened about an hour ago.

I read about your car the other day so sorry that happened to you.
yea man i miss it alot.. but i have to keep it moven... ill get a next one... it will be better then the last..
Old 11-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='707652' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:34 PM
I'm in need of ALL of your help ,lol...My Idrive screen turned white with lines then the screen went black. It came on a few minutes later then went out again. I pressed the check button on the directional arm and the SOS symbol with a slash through it comes up. Does anyone now what that means and what might be causing it not to work before I bring it to BMW. My car is a 2006 530xi if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help or advise boys and girls!!

JiL

OK SO I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY ON MY CAR FOR A FEW MINUTES TO SEE IF THE IDRIVE WILL REBOOT. ON THE DASH NOW I HAVE AN OPEN END CIRCLE WITH 4X4 IN IT AND A RED TRIANGLE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT MIGHT BE. I TOOK IT TO A BMW / MERCEDES REPAIR SHOP TODAY SO THEY CAN HOOK MY CAR UP TO A COMPUTER AND THE DIAGNOSIS REPORT SAID THERE IS " A LINE BREAK IN LVDS DATE LINE (SIGNAL NAME TXOUT/TXCK) INTERRUPTION IN POWER SUPPLY. THE GUY AT THE SHOP TOLD ME THE THE CCC NEEDS TO BE REPLACED. MY QUESTION IS WOULDN'T THE DIAGNOSIS REPORT SAY THAT INSTEAD OF A LINE LVDS BREAK INTERRUPTION IN POWER SUPPLY? OK GUYS PLEASE HELP A GIRL OUT HERE.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I posted a reply in the other thread you posted on this subject:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=64574&hl=

(Please don't post multiple topics on the same subject... )
Old 11-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Help the women out guys! Jil's great, so all the smarty pants on this site need to speak up. Help a girl out!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Thanks C
Old 11-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='709800' date='Nov 1 2008, 07:59 PM
Help the women out guys! Jil's great, so all the smarty pants on this site need to speak up. Help a girl out!
I would love to help, but I know nothing about this subject. If any of the girls need some help, just gimme a shout out. I'm available to help any girl with anything. They don't call me the 9-second man for nothing.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='709798' date='Nov 1 2008, 07:57 PM
I posted a reply in the other thread you posted on this subject:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=64574&hl=

(Please don't post multiple topics on the same subject... )
Sorry for the multiple post ...and thank you for your response . I'm going to trace the wires today and see if anything came unplugged etc... if I cant find anything then I'll bring it over to BMW and have them go over the car and do the repairs.

Quick Reply: My Idrive screen went BLACk this morning..PLS HELP!!!