E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My e61 is stuck in service

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

My car has been for service since last tuesday (october 10). They told me that due several computer glitches that were not fixed in the last update, they will be updating the software. Last thursday (oct. 12), they called to tell me "the computer system is blocking them from updating the software, and the system is now completly inoporable. we have been waiting to hear from germany on how to resolve the issue, and they have updated us on how to update the system". Well, 8 days later, no car and i have not heard from anyone. Of course my first thought is to call, but if they haven't called me, they probably have nothing to tell me, because if the car was done, they would call me. Right?? Anyway, I have become a little anxious. At least I have loaner (dodge magnum 3.5L, which is a piece of crap imho). Any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

I would call. Chances are one or more modules have been corrupted beyond hope, and they may have ordered new modules (hardware), which in turn haven't arrived. But you should be kept updated with the situation!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

I finally heard from the service department today (after calling them).They said they were waiting for another control module which needs to be replaced, which arrived today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Members

Update- Got the car back yesterday. The software update is brilliant so far. All the little things I did not like about I-Drive have been corrected. You no longer have to "accept" after boot-up any longer (and I have nav), finally!!! When using bluetooth, you no longer have to push the controller to see the key pad. It is now always on the screen along the bottom. Another small thing I noticed is they changed the screen font and the font is slightly larger and now easier to see. I can't give all the changes, because there are many, but I will say that many short cuts and new icons have been added in the main menus. It is like getting a whole new car!!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Worth the wait, then, perhaps?

Glad everything has worked out OK.