E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My E60 plans, need opinions (wheels/coilovers/kit/exhaust)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i
Default My E60 plans, need opinions (wheels/coilovers/kit/exhaust)

Ok, so I'm having my gearbox solenoids done this week, has costed me about 1k in total for everything together, so after this is out of the way, I want to start modding the car.

My plans are as follows, in no specific order
  • M5 Style kit (I just love the look of the quad exhuast rear, but I won't be trying to pass it of as an M5)
  • 19" Wheels (currently on 19" M6 with gutter rash galore)
  • Coilovers
  • Quad exhaust for M5 style rear bar

Basically my questions are as follows:

M5 style kit: No questions, will be trying to import this from China, just got to work out if the Australian local charges will be worth while (kit shipped from China is about 600US, and local charges is estimated at 600-900 (like wow). The store sells it for 1800$ shipped to my door from Australia (different state).

So, personal import: Pricing ranging from $1200-1500 (ex. exhaust) -- I was actually hoping it to be less, so trying to get more local quotes

Buying in within Australia: 1800$ shipped with quad exhaust

In regards to the Exhaust:

How hard is it to fit M5 exhaust on to the 530i when I'm using the m5 rear bar (wanting to use Eisenmann E60 M5 quad exhaust set up, but the set up is different to the 530i M5 style quad exhaust.

The Eisenmann exhaust uses M5 piping, so that its quad mufflers, two each, then go to meet but still run along two pipes up to the cat.

The M5 style quad exhaust set up is two mufflers with quad tips, these two pipes then join into one pipe that connects to the cat.

I'm assuming I can just get a prof. exhaust shop to make it fit (eisenmann) as it it's jsut cutting and welding.

19" wheels

Currently looking for Vossen wheels, but looking at getting some Varostoen wheels 19x9.5 and 19x11, the tyre set up on it is what I'm running now (245/35/19) - knowing that this is off from original rolling diameter - I'm running 9.5 on 245/35s too, so putting in a 11 wide will just increase the stretch. The offset is similar to the wheels will produde more but also be closer to the hub. Are there any e60s running x11s??

Coilovers

I've had a number of hondas before, and I've done the installation DIY, but with my TSX (accord euro here), with the luxury models, when installing the coilovers, the headlights levelling was off so they were always on the lowest setting. Are there any issues with installing coilvers on the E60? Is there anything that is specific to take note on these models?

Thanks for your help guys
Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 545i

In regards to the exhaust....
I know that buying catbacks premade is sort of everyone's choice because obviously its super easy to install themselves and they can get that instant satisfaction.
If you take it to a legitimate exhaust shop they can make you a custom setup for (I would guarantee cheaper) than any catback you're going to find. I work at a performance shop and have made custom exhausts for all kinds of cars, and I dont think its ever over $1000 for the labor/fabrication. So find some mufflers you like the tone of and have them weld you up an exhaust out of 301 Stainless to fit your car. Thats what I'll be doing with my 545. Ordering a bunch of 3" stainless, some magnaflow race mufflers or spintech super pro streets, some tips that I like, and fabbing it up.

As far as the coilovers go. My BC BR Coilovers will be here thursday so I'm hoping to have them on this weekend. I'll make a walkthrough/DIY and post it up.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

gconnoyer - please do a review on the BC Coilovers for us. I've been debating between BC with Swift springs or ST's.