E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My E60 is no bumper car mang!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

No worries, get an M-Tech or M5 rear bumper. I found myself hoping someone would rear end me when I was planning to buy my M5 rear bumper, figured I got a great deal, but it would be even better if someone else had to pay for it Now? Oh I'd be pissed if someone messed up my rear bumper and exhaust

For vendors? Trinity, hands down, they carry both OEM and reps and can take good care of you, PM Nerweezy ASAP and he'll hook you up
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah man count your blessings if there is no structual damage. If you want a check made out to you in lieu of the body shop bring the car to his insur. company drive up adjusters office. You can still get additonal repairs not seen in the first inspection done , your shop will file a supplemental estimate with the at fault parties insurer. This way you can buy whatever bumper you want.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Members

Do you guys think the M-Tech would look 'ok' on my stocker? I have buddies that offered and would give me a hand to install front and rear if need be, if chips fall in that direction and i can get them painted within that upcoming 'budget'.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Members

Yeah man count your blessings if there is no structual damage. If you want a check made out to you in lieu of the body shop bring the car to his insur. company drive up adjusters office. You can still get additonal repairs not seen in the first inspection done , your shop will file a supplemental estimate with the at fault parties insurer. This way you can buy whatever bumper you want.

--------------

Thanks for that info, i'm hoping Jersey car ins laws allow such-i have no clue, my wife and i have not been into any collisions since our teen years so we've never had to deal with insurance companies for squat other that writing them checks.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Members

What company does he have?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Members

No clue to be honest...I was a little hostile actually when i pointed out his POS wheels and stock calipoers/rotors in front of the officer, so he had me wait in the car during the report, right after we got off the main highway...hehe. Will know in the next few days. Had the kids whole family...parents, GF, grandparents..wtf...probably lived around the corner...they were looking at me like it was my fault.

He served him with several summons.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
No worries, get an M-Tech or M5 rear bumper. I found myself hoping someone would rear end me when I was planning to buy my M5 rear bumper, figured I got a great deal, but it would be even better if someone else had to pay for it Now? Oh I'd be pissed if someone messed up my rear bumper and exhaust

For vendors? Trinity, hands down, they carry both OEM and reps and can take good care of you, PM Nerweezy ASAP and he'll hook you up

Sorry to hear about the accident. All will be ok though.

TRINITY MAN TRINITY!!! YEP, PM NERWEEZY or JOE. Do it man!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Where on Rte 1 did it happen? Hopefully your insurance company will just write you a check for the damages less your deductible. If they give you an estimate for OEM bumper + paint, I'm pretty sure that'll be enough for you to get the whole kit from Trinity. You might just have to add a few hundred to get it painted. It will still look nice even without any other mods.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Members

I was north bound getting off on 514West. The kid was in the fast lane going over the Brunswick bridge...you know the area, i'm sure you know how that goes around rush hour..madness. The 514 exits come right up and people are off to the races to get in position to turn off and not getting stuck and missing it, if they are not on the right lanes to begin with.

Could i get away with the stock rockers with the Mtch front and rear? Or do they look out of place?

Man this is going to make my scheduled maintenance trips to the dealer 'interesting' if i start looking real modded. I havent hit 30k yet
Old 08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mannynj
I was north bound getting off on 514West. The kid was in the fast lane going over the Brunswick bridge...you know the area, i'm sure you know how that goes around rush hour..madness. The 514 exits come right up and people are off to the races to get in position to turn off and not getting stuck and missing it, if they are not on the right lanes to begin with.

Could i get away with the stock rockers with the Mtch front and rear? Or do they look out of place?

Man this is going to make my scheduled maintenance trips to the dealer 'interesting' if i start looking real modded. I havent hit 30k yet
Yea I know that area .. I know exactly what you're talking about ... It should look fine without the side skirts.

Quick Reply: My E60 is no bumper car mang!! :(